Chapter 45: Emma

I smiled at the three of them weakly, unsure of how to act in this situation. On one hand i wanted to run over to Emma and just give her a hug and see how her and mom are doing. But another one wanted to comfort my mates, and I wanted to let them take care of it all while I would be all cozy and safe in their arms.

I walked up between Jessie and Jeremy and grabbed their hands feeling the comfort and safety of being between them and have a hold on them, making sure they didn't leave me. I gave them all a reassuring smile "don't worry, she will never hurt me, and you'll be there" i snuggled into Jessie's side feeling as if she needed my reassuring the most.

I felt her discomfort and concern for Emma. But I don't know why she feels that way. Jessie is a werewolf, and Jeremy and Xander are so intimidating, anyone would fear them. Easily they would be able to make any danger go away. Nothing and no one would ever be able to hurt us.

Jessie smiled down at me and in a swift second she was holding me in her arms hugging me, "Of course we'll be there". The atmosphere seemed tense and unsettling, They seemed like they were debating something secretly. Something that I am not allowed to know, yet.

My once free and happy state changed catching up on this bad vibe. "What's wrong?" I looked back at Jeremy and afterwards Xander trying to get answers, none were given.

Xander seemed to sober up, "I think it is easier if we just show it to you". Before I could even proces what he had just said to me Jessie walked with me in her arms out of the room and around the house. I didn't realize where we were, which gave me an unsettling feeling, but i soon realized that we were heading to their office.

Emma was sitting in there, I jumped out of Jessies arms meaning to run and hug my sister, but i felt myself being held back by strong masculine arms. "Patience little one" Xander held onto by shoulders firmly keeping me in place. Xander took my hand in his big rough one and guided me to the other side of the table. As we passed Emma I made gesture to Xander asking him for permission to go to her, he didn't seem to like that idea and i followed him around the table.

Jeremy sat down beside Emma, while Jessie and Xander sat down on the opposite side and me on Xanders lap. Something was up, but I couldn't point out what was happening exactly.

I stared at Emma, and she stared at me. But she looked different somehow. "Are you sick?" I asked her worried. She smiled widely at that and fought a laugh "I haven't seen you in so long, and that's the first thing you ask me?" she giggled at the humor i apparently provided.

She was right, it was wrong of me to ask her that, i should at least have said hi. But i just couldn't help but think she must be sick. Her skin looked paler than usual, but her eyes looked more alive than they have been in a very long time.

"Sorry" I mumbled and fiddled with my fingers. Silence filled the room, the worst sound to ever exist. At least in a tense room. "Where is mom?" Before  even thought about what to say, it just slipped. Emma's eyes flickered from Xander and Jeremy, back and forth showing confusion. 

Last time i saw her she was... not herself, why isn't she here? Emma looked really sad, what made her like this? I got this very bad unexplainable feeling that whatever was happening wasn't good. And why was I not allowed to hug Emma?

"I, I don't even know where to start" Emma looked like she was going to break. Jeremy put a hand on her shoulder and she gave a nod as if saying she was okay". Something inside of me crushed as if I already knew the words that would leave her lips. "Mom didn't make it" those words crushed me. I felt Xander put his arms around me, trying to calm me.

Mom is gone? "But you..." i didn't know where i was going, the words just rolled on it's own record. But she was sleeping when mom was, how can mom not be here anymore? "I'm so sorry little one" I needed him to hold me tighter. I leaned closer to him, hugging him as if he would disappear as well if i let go.

"I'm still here Soph, but there is some things you need to know" she looked up at me worried, making me fear what she had to say. "We don't have to run anymore, we are safe now, your mates will make sure of it" I caught her smiling at Xander, "and mine will take care of me".

That caught me off guard "you???" she has one as well? She nodded, "his name is Jonathan, and he is a vampire, and so am i now". I stared at her in utter shock, "vampire?" i repeated the word, that sounded so easy coming from her lips. I would describe my sister in many ways, none of those being vampire.

"You're safe now Sophie, they can't hurt you" Emma stated smiling at me "They will come, but we'll be ready for them". My mates nodded in agreement, "if they come they'll surely regret it".

***

THE END

Not the ending i was hoping for, but i needed to end this story here for my own sake. The ending is quite open, Sophie got her mates, they found out her past and will for what we know prepare to fight vampires. This story could have been a story about how it is to be mates and get pups and happy ever after - instead it was about a girl in trouble with a huge burden on her shoulder who found her mates and opened up to them and will now be safe in the arms of her mates.