Chapter 22: Our lifestyle

Jeremy’s P.O.V.

We all felt it, her sorrow, the backside of the mate-bond. I am not willing to let her go now, no matter what happened… She is ours and we need her, we love her, we will protect her, give her everything she wants. She is our little princess.

I felt a tear hid my shoulder, my dear sister was hiding her face in my shirt, she obviously felt it too. I did the only thing I could do and held her tighter to my body.

”Sophie” Xander croaked out in a sob as he buried his face in her neck, ”don’t leave us, i am so sorry for everything” he said. I looked at him bewildered, our head Dom had never seemed so small and vulnerable before.

Sophie moved in his arms and leaned her head on his shoulder looking my way. Our eyes met and i gave her a begging look. I was debating with myself about whether I should go to her or not, deciding not to I leaned down and kissed Jessie on her hair.

Sophies sad face will for sure haunt me, her teary eyes and red swollen cheeks and sobs became too much even for me. I am usually pretty calm and used to see everything, I have seen Jessie do it all, but knowing it was us – or one of us – who were to blame for it, was just unbearable.

‘Tell her’ I mind-linked Xander, ‘Tell her about our lifestyle’. It was silent for a minute or two, but those minutes felt like hours. None of us dared to speak out loud afraid of Sophies reaction.

‘You sure?’ he finally asked looking up at me and then looking down at Jessie, he gave us both a puzzled look. It was obvious that he didn’t want to, and honestly he was not the person to tell, that person was someone just like her.

Xander and I looked at Jessie who just gave a slight nod and wiped her tears away.

Sophie had not seen the exchange of looks, but the silence must have made her curious, she pushed herself up in upright position so she was not clung to Xander’s chest.

Xander put her down and kissed her on her hair “We’ll be right back” he said trying to smile, but it was hard, knowing that this could be the last conversation before she would reject us.

I let go of Jessie and kissed her on her hair “it will be okay” I whispered into her hair and walked up to Sophie “Jessie will explain some things to you, try not to freak out okay” I begged her and walked away with Xander. Only out of Sophie’s view, never in this lifetime I would leave them unprotected, and neither would Xander.

Sophie’s P.O.V:

I saw them leave, leaving me alone with Jessie, she looked torn, but I doubt I looked any better write now.

”Please sit down Sophie” Jessie said in a calm voice gesturing to the ground. We sat down on the ground not caring that our clothes would get dirty, we were a mess already, nothing could fix this anyway.

Jessie moved closer to me so that her hand was resting on my lap, I was still shocked and frustrated about all of this, but mostly confused. They seemed so loving an so caring, that was a side I never thought I would see in them.

It reminded me of back then, all the mad voices and violence, I never thought I would experience that, and for sure not with them.

I wanted to push her hand away and be upset and cry and leave them, but a part of me just knew that I couldn’t, I wanted them, even after all of this. And somehow I just felt like she needed to touch me.

“Sophie, what you sa...” Jessie’s voice broke and she stopped as in midsentence, “it… it… is not what it seemed” she said after taking a breath. She suddenly sounded more secure. She looked up at me locking her eyes with mine “you heard of dom/sub-relationsships?” she asked.

I shook my head and gave her a confused look. It was hard to hide the tears, but it became even harder as she spoke. This was normal for them. They are not like I expected them to be at all.

“Think of a wolf, there is the alpha, he is the boss, what he says goes, he loves his pack and protects them, and everyone is showing him great respect, the alpha is the dom, meaning he is the dominant one, the submissive ones do as the alpha says” Jessie explained.

I gave her a weird look “are you telling me that I should submit to you because you are a wolf and what I just saw is completely normal?” I asked shock on the verge of yelling.

She looked stunned at my words “no, no, no, that’s not what I mean, we love each other, everyone has someone to lead, someone needs to be in charge, Xander is our Dom, Jeremy is my dom but submissive to Xander and I am dominant to you are submissive to all of us” she tried to explain.

I just shook my head trying to make any sense at all out of what she said.  “I don’t get it” I told her honestly.

She licked her lips thinking hard, finally she looked up at me again “Xander and Jeremy are our mates, they like to dominate, no they were born to dominate us, Jeremy born to submit to Xander, it is more in a sexual way, Xander likes to control and I like to be controlled” she tried again.

I grabbed my head between my hands and shook my head, something clicked in me as she said that, BDSM, I had heard of that before, the thing she was talking about was what I remember from a conversation about BDSM in school.

“BDSM?” I asked worried of her answer, she nodded “something like that, but not as harsh” she explained. My mouth was wide open, completely shocked, they were into BDSM. I honestly only know very little, it is brutal, but that was enough knowledge for me to make my decision.

***

Let me know what you think :)