Chapter 44: (Untitled)

Sophie's P.O.V

I woke up in bed my once watery tears had turned to dry lines around my eyes making my eues sore.

Jessie laid in fromt of me, sound asleep, holding me close. I didn't know what time it was anymore, the curtains were closed engulfing the room in darkness, only lit up by a stream of light from underneath the closed door.

Yesterdays events came storming back, hitting me omce again trying to tear me apart from the inside. Emma was dead. Mom was dead. I knew it immediately.

How i knew they had died and how i knew where they were i am not sure of. I just remember running there, and fighting. L think my body did that subconsiously. But i was definately there seeing them lying on the floor. They looked so pale, so numb, so lifeless.

But today i wasn't sad.

I laid there questioning why I wasn't sad anymore. It felt like I had been healed.

Emma! I just knew, I knew she wasn't dead. She was awake. Not sleeping anymore. She had just been sleeping. Being twins we always had the ability to feel each others presence. Or sometimes we did.

Joy took over and I couldn't help but smile feeling the lovely heat spread through my body.

I had to tell them, but I didn't want to wake up Jessie. She looked so peaceful, so beautiful, I didn't want to disturb her.

Carefully i climbed out of her arms and tidtoed to the door. I heard muffled voices behind the door, not loud enough for me to listen in on their conversation, but loud enough to hear my name be said.

I opened the door and watched them stare at me, shocked, i think that is the best way to describe the weird way they looked at me. Their conversation came to an immediate hold when they saw me.

Their eyes softened and they pulled out from their hug. I liked seeing them that close, caring for each other.

Xander opened his arms for me "little one come here" he gestured for me to go into his arms and sit on his lap.

Looking at them closely they both looked so sad. But they shouldn't be sad anymore. They had just been sleeping when we were there. 

"They aren't sleeping anymore" they didn't have to be sad anymore. Everything is okay. They looked at me as if I had grown another head. They shared a look with each other before Xander stood up and kneeled down in front of me. "Little one, i am so sorry"

Why is he sad, nothing to be sad about anymore. "But they aren't sleeping anymore" i smiled weakly trykng to comfort my oldest mate.

Xander put my small hands in his big ones, not taking his eyes away from mine, "Sophie, they are not going to wake up". "Don't be upset, they are awake now" why wasn't he listening to me?

Xander looked back at Jeremy, as if they had been talking in their minds Jeremy got up from his seat and walked to me, as Xander made an exit. 

I looked to where Xander had left in confusion, why did he leave? "He will be back" Jeremy comforted me lifting me up in his arms, holding me like i was a little kid. He held me close as if he was expecting me to cry, but i didn't have to anymore, they were okay. They need to listen to me. Everything is okay.

"Don't be upset, they are not dead" I told them as kindly as i could, trying  to give him the message. But  they are not listening to me. "Can we go see them?" I asked trying to lighten the mood, he gave me that look again. "Not now sweetheart, let's go lie down" he walked back into the bedroom, still holding me as if my feet were incapable of carrying me. "But I am not tired" I protested, why wouldn't they let me see them. And why was i feeling like i was walking on broken glass.

Jeremy put me down on the bed put the cover on top of me before he started stripping down leaving only his boxers on. I turned around Facing Jessie, feeling like a creep for checking him out, even though the light was very dim, I could still see more than what would be appropriate.

I felt the bed dip when he got in behind me and felt his hands hold around me as he moved closer, spooning me from behind. My back clinging to his hard rock body feeling so safe and secure in his arms. A feeling I didn't feel much before they found me.

Emma was okay, and so was mom. I knew Emma was safe, it's just a feeling. And mom was there, so she is okay as well.

Jeremy stroked my hair gently, his lips leaving small kisses om my hair as to assure of his presence. The more they acted like they were gone, the more worried I got. Was I making all this up in my head about them being safe, but I did feel Emma's presence, she can't be gone. Everything is fine. All i need is Xander to come here, and for them to take me to Emma and mom to make sure that they really are okay, and that I am not losing it.

*

"Do you really think that is a good idea?" I heard the voice of a whispering Jeremy from outside the bedroom pulling me out of my sleep. "You can't seriously be considering this?" whisper-yelled Jessie. "She fed, and they are sisters, identical twins, i don't think she would harm her.. but we will be there all the time" Xander responded.

At the mention of identical twins i knew they were talking about Emma and I. But why would she harm me? she is my sister.

I stayed put in bed, lying as still as i could, trying to listen in on their conversation. "Sophie, I know you are awake" I heard Xander say from outside the door. Busted. I got up from the bed and walked out the door, he smiled at me as he saw me.