Chapter 25: New beginning

Jeremy’s P.O.V.

Xander had told us to stay out of her room and leave her for now, just so she could recover and wouldn’t feel any pressure from us. We all agreed, it would be bad to push her into something when she obviously was scared.

None of us would be in that room, we would all ne downstairs and would be patient and wait till she wakes up, and then when she does we will control ourselves and take this at a slower pace and then eventually she will let us in.

That was a good plan.

But I still found myself lying beside her on the bed with Jessie holding her hand gently as she sat on Xander’s lap. All of us wanted to give her space, but truth is, we can’t let her be, she means the world to us.

Xander reached out and touched over Jessie’s hand and let his hand brush over Sophie’s hand making her moan in her sleep. That made us all smile, she really does care about us.

I let my eyes travel her body, the movement her stomach made as she breathed made my wolf happy. Here she was, our made, and she was okay, she is safe here with us and even though we have to take it slow it is okay, as long as she is mine – ours, then I am fine with everything.

Her breathing pattern changed and she started taking deeper breaths and cringe her body as if she was about to wake up. Xander looked at us in panic “get out now” he whispered and with that we all rushed out on the hallway in supernatural speed.

We all stood glued to the wall towards her room. Her heavy breathing stopped and she yawned, she was awake now.

Sophie’s P.O.V

I heard them outside, their hearts gave them away. But I didn’t mind, I guess I do like them – a lot, but I just don’t want ‘that’… Why can’t they just be normal and act like a normal couple, or as normal as a four person couple can be.

I stood up walked to the door, they were just outside the door, I could see a shadow under the door. I smiled to myself, they really think they are hiding.

I opened the door but as I did I felt a gush of wind pass me and the hallway was empty they were nowhere in sight.

I walked to the stairs and saw them standing there in the kitchen, Jeremy was sprawled on the couch as if he just jumped onto it. Xander was cracking eggs and putting them in a bowl. Jessie fumbled with the plates and took them out and stacked them on the counter.

They hadn’t noticed me yet, I made my way down the stairs and as I neared the end the step made a shrieking noise making them flip their heads to my direction.

I just wanted everything to go back as they were before ‘the incident’,  I wanted them to hug me, kiss me, hold me, everything - I just hope they are not disappointed in me for not sharing their lifestyle. I really hope they still want me.

In reality I have nothing to go back to, a life in pure fear is not for me, everywhere we go, everywhere we moved, everyone we met ended up the same way. People change and are blind for money, and places, yea, the places are always the same, we get settled, then the threats and then we move again.

Mom thinks we don’t know, but me and Emma knows everything, we just don’t know why, but we have seen the look in our mom’s eyes as she announces the moving.

Emma is the strong one, I am the weak one. Emma is confident, she is independent and always have an easy time getting settled, she is a character with a huge personality.

And then there is me, little innocent Sophie, who is plain, a ghost, insecure, obedient and never steps out of line. I’m a mess. My thoughts are everywhere and nowhere at the same time if that makes sense.

And then these three people comes into my life and finally I can see something else than a wall-fly, to them I am special.

Xander walked towards me “come princess” he held his hand out for me to take, and I did, I carefully put my hand in his and let him lead me down. It was like nothing happened, but then Jeremy came over “Sophie, we need to talk”.

***

A/N thank you so much for your patience :)