Chapter 36: File not found

Jeremy's P.O.V.

The morning after 'that' night, all I wanted was to hold her and make her feel safe and loved and everything else that could make her better. We all did. All we want is for her to be happy, here, with us.

I do understand that she is human and all this is hard to take in, but was she really that scared of us that she ran out. That idea came to my mind during the long sleepless night that followed the meeting with the pack.

I don't know what we expected, but for sure it wasn't that. And I really wish that she would open up and tell us what was going on that little head of hers. But at the worst time possible, she decided to become stubborn.

Sophie didn't want hugs or kisses or to even talk to us during the morning after. Only later did she warm up and still then her vocabulary was small. How I wish she would let us in, we can help her. That's what mates are for, being there for each other, isn't it?

But she is human and Xander made us promise not to force her into saying anything or doing anything she was uncomfortable with, even small hugs, or kisses for that matter. In my opinion he is just as bad as me, but when he does it, it is different according to him.

I really hoped everything would go back to normal, but it didn't. Sophie started smiling, not anything big or as joyful as she used to, but that little pull on the side of her lips was enough for now. Enough to not kill me at least.

Jessie persuaded me into taking Sophie and her into the gardens for a walk. No matter how badly I wanted to say no, I couldn't, the smiles on their faces didn't allow me. But that doesn't mean that I feel comfortably letting them outside of the packhouse walls.

The garden is connected to the pack house and there is a fence around it, far out, the packs land Is big, big enough for a couple of wolves to run around. But you never really know what dangers lures in the forest.

We walked in the safer area of the garden, the more guarded one. This side of the pack house was best guarded as it was closest to our (the alpha family's) part of the house. Jessie wanted a flower filled garden, with lots of colors, sitting arrangements, benches, love seat, treehouse – what our ladies wants, our ladies get.

I wish I could say mates, but that would mean I would be spoiled too. And with Xander as a mate, that is not going to happen. He is 'the' alpha – I am perfectly aware of that. But we are both quite dominant, fire meets fire. But sometime this fire burns out and has slightly temper issues. I know I do. But I love him.

But really... How can I describe the relationship we have? It has been all about Sophie since we found her, and all about Jessie since... Since a very long time ago. I don't know how to describe it better than that.

One of the leaders of the packs tracking team came our way as we walked with our arms linked. "Run off girls" I said teasingly to my mates, and watched them run together around the garden. I made eye contact with red eyes in the forest and knew that he knew to watch the Lunas.

"William?" I approached him, head held high as I went into alpha mode. "Alpha Jeremy, you have to see this, it's about the Luna – it's about Sophie".

"Show me" I demanded getting worked up thinking about all different scenarios of what he could show me. By the look on his face I guess that whatever he had in that map in his hands was very important.

He opened the map and handed it to me, it was a record of Sophie's life, a record I had demanded long ago but was harder to get than you would assume.

Or it should have been a file on her life, but all it had was a school picture of her, birth certificate, her address and a letter from her school. The school we took her from. "Where is the rest?" I asked, but I got this uneasy feeling telling me that I won't like the answer.

William crossed his arms over his chest "no previous school records, no grades, no files from a doctor or dentist or any previous address" every word he said made a hole in my heart. What is going on here? That is not possible.

"We called the school, and she just started recently, they have zero on her, they don't even know where she transferred from", What?? How is that possible?? "nothing? What about her sister, Emma?" I asked hopeful for answers. William shook his head "Zero on her, the entire family, zero".

William leaned over the table and took the birth certificate from the map and held it up to me, "this person doesn't exist, this is fake". And I was right, I didn't want to hear that. "Are you sure?". "Whoever that girl is, is not Sophie Anderson".

But who is she then? My mate suddenly didn't seem as innocent anymore. What is she hiding?

"I want to speak to her mom, get someone to her house immediately" I ordered William. He just smiled at me, "I knew you would say that, already sent one, he should be there in half an hour or so".

"Did you inform Xander yet?" I asked my friend from childhood, he shook his head "no, I was on my way, just wanted to show it to you" he told me in a stern voice.

"Good, inform Xander of this immediately" was all I said before marching back to the girls. It seems our little mate has more secrets she keeps away from us, but I will find out what is going on.

***

A/N Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!  for taking the time to read my story, for all the lovely feedback, for being patient with me, everything really!!

Please don't be a silent reader, if you have any thoughts about the story let me know, good or bad, I become a better writer from your feedback. You don't have to vote if you don't like it, but a comment would be nice or a private message. Thanks!

Also i am aware of my grammar mistakes, I sometimes see them myself - sometimes I can't see them. Please keep in mind that english is not my first language and grammar is not my strong side - in any language to be honest! But as long as it is readable and understandable, I am fine!