Chapter 6: Going home

Jeremy's P.O.V

He can't possibly be for real, we have been looking for her for years and now he is willing to just let her go. For once I doubt my Dom's decision, in this case he is very wrong. We can make her feel loved, safe, protected, spoiled - everything! He was the one who made us rush things, not me, not Jessie, he did. And now he suddenly changes his mind and is willing to let her slip through his fingers and away from us.

 I got on my feet and walked to where they were standing. I opened mind-link again and looked at Xander "you can't do this, if you let her go she will disappear, I am not going to lose her" I said through mind link.

Xander grabbed me in a swift moment and held me up against the wall. Xander is the biggest guy I've ever met in my entire life. I didn't stand a chance against him. "Do you think I want to?!" he yelled at me, he was furious, at that point it became evident that it was hard for him as well.

He let go of me and turned towards Sophie "I don't want to let her go, but we don't have a choice" Xander said, he looked like he was talking to her, but he was really talking to Jessie and I.

Jessie walked up to us, and joined us and rubbed my back with her hand. I felt her sorrow for letting our little Sophie go. Sophie surprised us all by walking up to Xander and let her small frame be hugged by him.

As if she finally came to her senses again she pulled back and looked up at him. Xander lifted her up and placed her on the kitchen counter.

He leaned forward and placed his hands on either side of her small body to support his body weight.

Sophie's P.O.V

I felt sad about walking away, I really didn't understand why I suddenly felt that going home was a bad thing. Going home is what I WANT, it is what I NEED and it is the RIGHT thing to do.

But maybe it wasn't, going home felt right in my mind, but leaving felt wrong in my heart. I felt safe here. 

Xander looked me in the eyes and chuckled "we are letting you go home" he said. I already knew that, I heard them and I sensed their distress, they must really care about me, in their own strange way.

He bit his lip and looked down like he was thinking hard, he looked up again and straightened his body so that he was standing in front of me. "If you want... you can stay if you want" he said fast as if trying to persuade me.

I licked my lower lip trying to come up with an answer, I wanted to be carried by Xander, I wanted to have Jeremy holding me close and I wanted Jessie to comfort me. But I also wanted to be hugged by my sister and to be kissed goodnight by my mother.

He took my silence as a no and nodded understanding, he looked up at me and bend his head to the side, with a finger he lifted my chin up so that we were eye to eye. "This isn't goodbye forever, trust me" he said.

Xander's P.O.V

It was hard saying that, it wasn't goodbye, we will keep her close. Soon she will join us and we will move back into the pack house. The main reason I let her go is for her to say goodbye, but how can I tell her that.

How can I tell my little Sophie that she is going back to say goodbye to her family and in a few weeks they will never see each other again? How am I going to say that? She will be broken.

For us to be together we have to let the people here let go of her, we will have to make all trace of her disappear, and we will bring her into a completely different world from where she comes from.

I feel like a monster for doing this, but the safety of our Luna's is our main priority, Jeremy will agree with me when he realizes why we have to do this.

Jessie opened mind-link "don't do this Xander, she needs us, I can feel her confusion, she feels unwanted". I shook my head and gave Jessie a begging look "please don't make this harder than it is" I told her back through the mind-link.

Jessie moved forward and took Sophie's hand, she was about to say something but started sobbing instead. Jeremy grabbed his sister and pulled her into a hug, he whispered sweet nothings into her ear and caressed her back while comforting her.

I looked at Sophie and brought my hands to her temples "I'm sorry" I told her in a whisper and saw her collapse into my arms.

--

As I sat beside her on her bed I heard a girls voice approach "Soph?!" I hid behind the door to see the intruder. A girl who was an exact copy of my little Sophie walked in and jumped on the bed on top of Sophie.

I looked at Sophie and she woke up slowly. Sophie looked around the room confused and watched her copy sitting on top of her stomach. "Emma what are you doing?" Sophie asked tiredly.

The girl – Emma laughed "don't you question me! you completely vanished from school". Sophie looked at her in disbelief "I did?" she asked.

***

A/N edited/rewritten May 2019

A/N Xander has some powers which makes it possible for him to control people around him, that's how he made Sophie faint and ow he woke her up again.

Let me know what you think about this chapter, leave a comment (i love them) and please remember to vote and if you like this please fan me :D

Thanks for reading!