25

The next morning Maya came in through Riley's window. "Good morning Ri." she said landing in the bay window.

        "Good morning peaches." Riley said walking out of her closet. They grabbed their stuff and walked to the subway. "So what happened last night?" Maya asked. Riley looked at her "Oh, um I saw Charlie. We a had a nice conversation." Riley said. Maya was about to say something but Riley gasped.

          "Farkle." Riley said walking over to him. "What happened? Who did this?" Riley asked observing his bruises.  "Oh, nothing." he lied he didnt want Riley to know but everyone looked at him.

           "No Farkle. What really happened? Dont lie to me." Riley said. Farkle hesitated. "Charlie. Charlie happened." he said. Riley felt her heart drop and pound at the same time.

         "Ch-Char-Charlie Gardener?" Riley managed to stutter out. Farkle nodded. "Yes. Charlie Gardener." he said. Everyone looked at Riley.

        Her eyes were filled with anger, dissapointment, hurt, and confusion. She fake smiled "Why?" she said angry.

        Farkle hesitated I cant lie to her. Its Riley.

         "Um well," he said still trying to decide wether to lie or not "I really dont know." he said. Riley looked at him hurt and they saw it. The subway came up and they went on "Okay." Riley said walking on to the subway.

         Farkle ran his fingers through his hair and walked on to the subway.