16

Riley snuck inside her phone blowing up with messages from Farkle. One grabbed her attention

F: answer me or im telling the gang!
R: farkle you cant betray me
F: im not betraying im helping you
R: i dont want help
F: idc you need it.
R: farkle please...
-Read at 1:45am-

             You dont need help he does. If he tells anyone that just proves he doesnt like you and i would be right.

              Riley sat there and cried. Knowing he would tell.

             The next day Riley walked into school. Farkle walked over to Riley with Maya. "Farkle told me." Maya said Riley's eyes started watering. "Why wouldnt you come to me? How could you not tell me?" Maya said. Riley shrugged "I didnt want anyone to know." Riley said tears streaming down her face. Riley looked at Maya "You cant tell anyone." Riley said.

               "Im telling Lucas and Zay." Maya said. Riley started crying "Maya you cant do that. I didnt want anyone to know until Farkle found out and then you." she said. Mr. Matthews walked in. "At least you have happy parents." Maya said.

            Riley looked at Farkle. Farkle shook his head indicating that he didnt tell Maya about her parents. At least he had that secret. Riley trusted him with that secret and that it should never leave his lips.

             "Yeah. Happy parents." Riley said tearing up. Maya noticed "Riley?" she said. "Im good." Riley said softly and quietly.