29

Riley was at home. Her parents had stopped arguing and unfiled for divorce but they were very stressed.

        Her mom texted her:

I have to stay at the law firm until around midnight! Sorry sweetie!

        Riley sighed Okay. I will eat dinner with dad since mom has to work and Aug is at Ava's tonight.

         Her dad texted her:

Hey Ri! I have to go to Philly for a teachers convention tonight. Very last minute. But i told your mom. Have good night.

        Riley sighed Okay I guess you are alone tonight.

          Riley hated being alone. She hasnt liked it since she was little. She always felt like something bad was gonna happen.

         She sat at her desk doing homework when she heard a noise. She grabbed a pillow that was on the floor and spun around and threw it "Hey!" a familiar voice said. Riley opened her eyes to see Farkle.

        "Farkle? What are you doing here?" Riley asked "Where is everyone?" he asked

         She looked at him "Out. Why?" she said. He looked at her concerned "Dont you hate being alone?" he asked coming in and sitting on her bed.

         She turned the chair more to face him. "Does it matter?" she asked. He put his hands up in defense "Im your friend." he said jokingly

           "Riley you dont like being alone." he said. Riley just shrugged. She took off her jacket. She forgot about her cuts. Farkle looked at her arm and sighed. Riley looked at him "What? Why are you still here?" she asked. He looked at her disappointed and looked at her arm.

           Riley looked down at her arm "Oh."

            They stayed quiet and then Farkle just left Riley. Alone.