7

Later that night Riley was sitting in the bay window. Her parents were fighting about money and jobs, like always. Farkle was sitting in his room listening to his parents scream at eachother for who-knows-what.

          At midnight Riley got a text from Farkle.

F: Hey...
R: Hi...
F: They're fighting again.
R: Awh im sorry Farkle. Wanna meet at Topanga's?
F: Can I just come to your place?
R: Uhm... can we just meet at Topanga's please?
F: Is everything ok?

          That text. That text made Riley hesitate Tell him. No you're smiley Riley, or at least you have to be. But he understands. No.

R: Yeah..
F: Nope. Tell me at Topanga's.
-Read at 12:05am-

          Riley left a note for her parents just in case they came in her room. She climbed out the window and down the fire escape step by step trying to be quiet. She got to the part near her down stairs bay window and she could hear the sound of them yelling but couldn't make out what they were saying. Then again, she didn't want to.

         She kept climbing down. When she hit the sidewalk she darted. Wanting to get away, happy to get away.

          Her running stopped when she saw Josh. It was a rainy night and his hair was glistening covered in raindrops. She tried to sneak by him. "Riley?" Josh asked looking at her. "Uncle Josh. How ya doin?" she said nervously "Do Cory and Topanga know you're out?" he asked. As soon as he said that he stiffened when a tall blonde got out of his car and grabbed his arm.

          "Who is this?" Riley said trying to change the subject but Josh noticed. "Why are you out at 12:30 in the morning?" he replied "No. Who is this? I wont let Maya stand around and wait for you to be ready for her." Riley said and walked away.

          She started running again when she got to Topanga's she casually walked in. "Hi Farkle." Riley said sitting down. "Hey Riley." he responded. "We have a dilemma." Riley said. Farkle nodded looking at the door. Riley turned around to see Josh. "Is that the dilemma?" he said noticing the girl with Josh. "Yes. We can't let Maya stand around waiting for him to be ready for her because what if he never is?" Riley said looking at Farkle.

          He nodded and Josh walked away. "So, why couldn't we go to your house?" Farkle asked. At that moment it began pouring. "Oh I didn't want to wake Aug up." Riley lied and Farkle noticed.

          "Nope. There's something you're not telling me." he said hoping she would trust him with any secrets.

          "Okay," Riley started but an angry Topanga came through the threshold, and a scared Riley froze in her spot.