Chapter 36 The Magic Flute

EDITED 2/10/20

As Earth Eleven woke up, they eat their breakfast and then started practicing on the Black Room. Yara never came in all the training they have scheduled for this week. How could she play for the Earth Eleven if she hadn't attended even 1 practice for the game?

Shindou called the younger captain, "Tenma, we got a problem."

"What is it?"

"Yara. She didn't attend practices for this week, and now there's only 3 days before the game. What are we going to do with her to make her come here?"

"I see. I'll try to convince her to train tomorrow or later. That'll affect her plays in the game if she plays without a single practice. She might get injuries."

Tsurugi overheard the conversation and interrupted to disagree with what are they talking about.

"She's always ready, Tenma. She doesn't need to practice."

"Well, how do you know? Athletes always need to practice in order to prevent strains while playing."

"I spent almost my time with here remember? And she's my girlfriend. I knew how she plays if we're training in an unexpected moment. It's just very similar to how she plays trained or not, there's hardly a difference at. Besides, her alien anatomy makes her very though than any of us." The navy-haired male replied. 

The conversation heats up when Shindou stepped forward in front of Tsurugi with a serious demeanor.

"Let me remind you, Tsurugi. We 3 are also soccer veterans, neither of us didn't get an absence in training. If we're veterans that you compare to Yara that don't need practice, then why are we here in the Black Room? We need her to work with us at once!"

Tenma cuts in, "Guys, guys. Chill! We can fix this without having an ugly argument, right?"

Tsurugi retained his smug look at Shindou. "There are only 2 reasons why are we here. First, to teach and guide these 7 players of ours here and lastly, it's our choice. If you ask me, we trio can stand in a match without even having training. Am I right, hm?" He cleverly smirked.

Shindou sighed in defeat, "There is one more reason though. It's to harness our skills better. But I suppose you're right. I'll trust you and Yara-chan."

"Alright guys, I think that's enough for your argument."

"Hey. Think you can best me in 1v1?" Shindou kicked the ball upward with his left foot that was soon caught by his right one.

Tsurugi smickered, kicking the ball towards him, "Are you asking me?" 

The forward left the older midfielder and began doing stronger shots. Tenma sweatdropped because their shots are way too powerful that the net in the goal post almost tore apart.

He exhaled, "At least they're getting along."

While they're practicing, Yara remembers what had she done last night. Now she knew what's the strange feeling she has; the feelings of her dark side. Anger, sadness, jealousy, and cruelty. She already knows that it's because of her anger towards the past incidents of her boyfriend.

"Oh, Great Glaux. My dark side's coming out and will take over soon...?"

She brings out a long case with golden and silver colors and wind like patterns in it. What could be inside it, and what is that for?

Few hours later, the Earth Eleven finished and stopped practicing, locked the Black Room and proceeded to the kitchen to eat lunch and rested. That time, Konoha, Sakura, Aoi, Minaho, and Ibuki talked about Yara's dark side.

"Really? She has a dark side?" Ibuki questioned.

Aoi confirmed, "Yes. We saw her last night. She looks so evil, so angry and so scary."

"Hm, did that dark side did anything bad to you 4?" Sakura prodded.

"Let's say nothing except for aiming a dark energy loaded ball beside us. Thanks to God's mercy it missed." The manager answered.

The two girls "WHA-WHAT?!"

"Don't worry! See, we're safe!"

Minaho hummed, "As expected. Feelings greatly affect a person's personality. Occasionally, pain often changes people like her, though it is sometimes controllable, although that's not the same case as Yara's. Dark sides really tend to turn over."

"Hm... So it is."

"Will you stop talking about psychological blah blah and whatsoever? That makes me remember my studies on Earth."

"Cover your ears, then"

The girl's laughed. Suddenly, Yara appeared on the sala. She looks so better than she is yesterday but with a blank face. 

"Uhm, can I talk to Captain for just a minute?" 

"Oh, sure." Tenma got up from his seat and followed her.

She didn't even bother to take a short glance at her boyfriend and proceeded outside. That hurt Tsurugi just a little. 

"Hm, what do you think it's all about?" Konoha wondered.

Shindou shrugged, "No idea."

Tenma and Yara sats outside and started the conversation.

"Tenma, I need your help. You see, I feel darkness... bursting and swelling flurry of emotions inside me, attempting to get out,"

"I know. That's your dark side, right?"

"Yes. Looks like it has awakened again."

"Hm... how could I help you?"

"Take this. This is the only way I know to stop me once I lost control of myself."

She showed the case that was mentioned earlier from her bag. She gave it to Tenma and opened it. It is a flute, with some gorgeous wind-like markings in it. It's very shiny and colored green and gold.

"That's an Equestrian flute. When my dark side appeared years ago, it was used to stop it. There are no other known ways to conquer my evil self. Luckily, I found and remembered this one."

Tenma: "It's beautiful. I can't believe it is used as a weapon. Wait, why are you giving me this?!"

"I want you to use that against me."

"WHAT?!" Tenma exclaimed, "Yara, I don't know how to play instruments. I never played the flute before, either. I can't use this, but I think Shindou-senpai can!"

"Tenma, I trust you. Otherwise, I won't give this to you if I know you can't. I know you have something that will help you play. You can."

"But... I..."

"Please Tenma. Take this. I need you to play this and fight my dark side. Please, I'm begging you. I don't want to hurt anyone when I transformed to that fiend. I'm so... afraid."

He couldn't refuse. Yes, he never played an instrument in his life but he must help. Shindou knew more about music, but... why him? Why? Since Yara trusts him to do so, he accepted it.

"Fine, I'll do my best!"

Yara smiled a bit, "Thanks, Tenma. You're really a friend in need."

"You know Yara, we miss that smile of yours and your plays with us. We missed you."

"I could hardly do my usual routine because of... you know. I can't forget what Tsurugi told me before and those other events..."

"Painful, isn't it? I know Tsurugi's sorry about it. And don't worry, I'm always here to help anytime."

"Thanks again, Captain. Let's go back."

(Galaxy Nauts Gou)

---

What do you think why Yara gave the Equestrian flute to Tenma? Stay tuned and watch out for the next chapters to come! Comment down your thoughts or others if you have.

Again, enjoy and thanks for reading!!!