17

Riley walked into class looking down. Maya and Farkle behind, Maya questioning everything. Her dad came in and started teaching. Riley wasnt listening though.

        "Ms. Matthews, what did I just say?" her dads voice broke through "Um" Riley said looking at Farkle and then the board "The Revolutionary War, Ms. Matthews." Mr. Matthews said. Riley nodded and payed attention the rest of class.

       Riley walked out of class when the bell rang. She went to her locker and put her textbooks away. "Topanga's?" Zay said everyone nodded except Riley. "Ri?" Maya said Riley looked up "Oh I cant." she said with no explanation and left.

         Riley walked home leaving her friends in confusion. Walking home, Riley didnt sense her friends following. "Why are we following her?" Zay said "Somethings up." Maya replied leaving them silent for the rest of the trip.

        Riley walked into her apartment and Cory and Topanga were fighting. She took the front door leaving her friends at the downstairs bay window watching and listening. "Im home." Riley said but her parents kept yelling.

        "Um hello? Im home from school." she said again. Her parents kept fighting. Riley gave up and went upstairs.

        She walked in and laid down on her bed. Auggie walked in but Riley didnt see them. He looked at the window and saw her friends. They shook their heads indicating for him to not say anything. He pointed at Riley and looked at Farkle. Farkle nodded making the gang suspicious that Farkle knew something.

       "Riley?" Auggie said quietly. Riley sat up and wiped her tears (she had been crying) Auggie looked at her arms "What happened to your arms?" he asked. She quickly pulled down her sleeves "Nothing. Whats up bud?" she asked.

       "Can I go to Ava's?" he asked. Riley looked at him sympathetically "Yes." she said he nodded and went out her window. He looked at her friends who were looking at him "Whats wrong with her arm?" he asked. "I dont know. Why are you leaving?" Maya said.

      "Our parents are fighting. Riley didnt tell you? They fight all of the time. I go to Ava's but Riley always says she'll be fine there. I dont think she is." Auggie said.

        The gang looked at eachother and they noticed it was quiet. "They stopped." Maya said smiling at Auggie "Thats what they make you think and then boom! I better go." Auggie said and then left.

        They looked at eachother and then they heard yelling, clear yelling. "You idiot!" Cory said

        Topanga didnt respond but when she did it hit everyone hard. "Im glad we filed for divorce!" she said. Everyone froze and looked at Riley. Riley slowly turned around, her eyes watering. She sat down against her bed.

         Riley sat in her room she started crying. She saw something Zay had given her for her birthday. It was a card. It had a picture of her and Zay. It had a note attached, the note read:

Happy Birthday Smiley Riley!! I couldnt ask for a better group of friends! Cant wait to have more smiley adventures!!
-Zay Babineaux, the one and only

        This note had Riley in tears. She threw it and it landed by the bay window close enough to where they could read it.