Chapter 17

***Ronnie's POV***

I stopped for a moment, and stared and the hand that this boy had offered for me to shake. He looked rejected for a moment, until I shook his hand and his smile returned.

It was unusual for me to shake someone's hand, my family was very informal, obviously.

"Um.. I'm Veronica, Ronnie for short, it's nice to meet you," I said quietly and began to walk down the halls to Ms. Atkin's room.

"So, are you a junior too?" Jc asked me, dodging a few people in the crowded hallway.

I laughed to myself at the thought. I guess I did look a little mature for my age but I wasn't that tall or anything.

"No, I'm actually a freshman. Did you just move here?" I asked back.

I wanted to know more about this random guy who asked me for help, of all people.

"Well, I just moved schools, but I didn't move houses. I transferred here from Brooks Academy, but it was too much money, so my dad took me out and put me in this public school," He replied.

"That's funny, my friend just transferred there today," I said.

Of course, I was forced to think of Connor again.

"What a coincidence," Jc responded.

We made it to the classroom and Jc went up to the front to talk to my favorite teacher. She pointed at the empty desk next to mine and he walked over.

I really didn't need this right now. It was good that I made a new friend, but he was being too nice to me and it made me sort of uncomfortable.

"I guess you'll have to deal with me for a little bit longer," he said and I laughed.

It was good to laugh, I was beginning to think that I was going to be depressed all day just thinking about Connor. The thought caused me to instantly frown.

"You okay?" Jc asked.

"Uh.. yeah," I put on a fake smile,"Just fine."

And even though I wasn't fine, it wasn't really be any of his business, right?

The rest of the class period was okay, the new boy didn't really talk to me all that much.

I was glad, because he just remind me of Connor too much. He had the same hair, talked the same way, and was almost the same height, but maybe a little taller.

After class ended, I figured out that he also had the same fourth period and sixth period class as me.

It was strange that he had this many classes with me, considering the fact that he was a junior and I was a freshman. Connor didn't have any classes the same as mine.

"I guess I'll see you later then?" Jc asked me, dragging me out of my thoughts.

I really don't think that it's healthy to think about Connor this much. I just really miss him, that's all.

"Veronica?" He asked again after I didn't respond, and gave me a weird look. "You really are out of it today."

"Yeah, I guess so," I laughed a little.

I tried not to think about Connor throughout Chemistry and English, but I just couldn't. I wondered what he was doing every second of the day.

Who was he spending his time with?

Did he already find someone to replace me?

I was thinking too much, I needed to stop thinking so much.