Chapter 43

Chapter 43

***Ronnie's POV***

I looked up to see a boy about my age, who was probably about a half a foot taller than me. He had dark hair and soft brown eyes. Unfortunately, I had just extremely embarrassed myself by running right into him.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really out of it right now," I said with a shy smile; Talking to strangers wasn't exactly my forte.

"No big deal," The boy responded.

He was really cute, and so I tried my best to not embarrass myself any more than I already had.

"Where are you headed?" I asked him inquisitively.

"Math. I thought you knew that by now," He snipped back at me.

What? What had I ever done to this guy? It was the first time I'd ever seen him in my life. I guess he was just a really rude person. I smiled at him anyway, not wanting to come off as a mean person.

"Veronica, what's wrong with you? Stop looking at me like that," The boy said, still with an aggravated tone.

Now I was getting a little hurt, and extremely confused.

"Looking at you like what? And how do you even know my name?" I asked back, now getting scared.

He rolled his eyes and looked at me like I was stupid.

"Like you like me or something. I'm your brother, Ronnie, that's creepy," He said.

What? My brother didn't look like that. The only brother I had at this school was Timothy, and that wasn't him. Who was this guy? Was I going crazy?

"Veronica, what the hell?"

"Ronnie?"

"Veronica, wake up, we gotta go," I heard the sound of Jc's voice above me.

My eyes blinked open to reveal a very bright room that I was not ready for. Connor and Jc were standing above me and Jennifer was looking at herself in a mirror across the room, typical.

"What? What time is it?" I asked sleepily, slurring my words together.

"It's eleven, and we need to get on the road, like, five minutes ago. I can do your makeup in the car," Jennifer said from the other side of the room, finally taking a moment to turn and look at me laying on the couch.

Some time late last night, I guess I just fell asleep here, and the other three must have packed up all the letters and pictures, because they were sitting in neat piles on the floor. But I must have fallen asleep on the floor.. I guess I walked over to the couch before I was really asleep.

"Thanks, Jenny, but I think I'll be fine," I responded, groggily standing up.

It took me a few minutes to make sure I had my phone and anything else I needed, but after that, we got on the road. We decided that Jennifer would drive, because she would be the least likely to get us killed. I already told Timothy that I would be with Kara and Grace all weekend, and I guess that the others had figured out something with their parents.

Everyone stayed relatively quiet during the car ride, and i took this time to see how adorable Connor and Jennifer could be together. I was just so annoyed with the both of them before that I couldn't really see it, but now that we were all technically friends, I think that they would make a great couple.

Since I had been suddenly awakened by the weirdest dream this morning, I could barely keep my eyes open during the car ride. When we were about fifteen minutes from Rose house, I felt an arm shaking me awake, and realized that I had fallen asleep on Jc's shoulder in the back seat.