Chapter 29

***Ronnie’s POV***

I didn’t know what was going on, and I didn’t want to assume the worst. I tried my best to take a deep breath and asses the situation.

“Who do you think you are?” Jc steamed from behind me, and started toward my boyfriend.

I turned around towards him and put a hand on his chest to stop him from attacking Connor. My face pleaded for him to stop, and when that wasn’t enough, I used my words.

“Just go back to the car, I’ll be there in a minute,” I whispered calmly to him.

He looked like he was about to protest, but he closed his mouth and turned to go out the door. Before I could think about it too much, I was walking towards Connor, trying to think of something to say.

“Veronica,” Connor uttered when I made my way across the room.

He put a hand on my arm, but I pulled away quickly before his hand made contact with the goose bumps on my skin. i was nervous about how this was going to turn out, but I promised myself that I was going to stay calm.

“What is this?” I asked, keeping my composure.

I gestured to the scene around me, then looked at Jennifer. She almost looked guilty, but I couldn’t tell if it was genuine. She stood up from where she was sitting and quickly made her way to the back of the shop. I guess she didn’t want to stick around for a fight between Connor and I

“Dear, we are shooting a commercial,” Michelle stated from behind me.

She seemed like such a nice lady, but I knew it was all just an act. She gestured to the cameras like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Um, can you give us a minute?” Connor asked Michelle for permission.

She nodded slowly, after rolling her eyes at the two of us. I guess that she didn’t have time for this right now either. I probably just ruined a perfect moment or something.

Connor sat down at a table in the corner slowly and cautiously. Taking a seat across from him, I realized just how calm I was throughout this entire situation so far.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked him after a brief moment of silence.

He sighed deeply and ran his fingers through his hair, making it adorably messy. I could tell that he was stressed out about what I had just witnessed.

“It’s my job, I have to do this,” He defended. “Trust me, I tried to object.”

Looking into his green eyes, I could only see sincerity. I had a feeling that he was telling the truth, and that he was just caught in the wrong place at the right time.

“I do trust you,” I responded.

Relief flooded through his face clearly, and I could tell  that statement made him feel a lot better.

Regardless, I was still upset about what I saw, and what I feared would happen if I hadn’t come inside.

“I just wish that you weren’t spending so much time with her. I mean, I didn’t even know that she was working here,” I replied honestly.

“I didn’t know either. And I’m not trying to spend so much time with her, I promise. It’s just with her mom and my father getting married..” He trailed off.

Michelle and Mr. Franta getting married? This was news to me. That meant that Connor and Jennifer were going to be living together. They would be around each other all the time.

Driving around together, sitting at the dinner table together, even waiting for eachother to shower.

I realized that my breathing had quickened, and I tried to compose myself again, but failed miserably.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?” I asked him, keeping my voice steady.

He was playing nervously with the flower set on the table for decoration.

“I’m telling you now, is that not good enough?” He countered.

I was hurt by the tone behind his voice, but chose to not get upset by the situation. I wasn’t going to deal with any more stress than what was already put upon me.

“Connor, I think that we both need to be real with each other right now,” I started, on the brink of tears.

He looked at me, willing me to continue, and it was one of the hardest things I had ever had to do.

“This isn’t good for either of us right now, and I think that it’s best if we don’t see eachother anymore,” I continued calmly.

The look on his face was a mix of confusion and hurt. I didn’t want to hurt him, but being in this situation was hurting me, and I needed some relief.

“No, Veronica please, no, I can’t lose you,” His nose was reddening, and I could tell that he just may have been about to cry.

“I’m sorry, Connor,” I muttered before standing up and walking out of the coffee shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! So I know that this is a really short chapter, but I just couldn’t wait to upload this part :3

~shelbigrace