Chapter 37

***Ronnie's POV***

"Thank you so much for all of the food, Hannah, it was really a treat. I hope that I'll see all of y'all soon, maybe I can even come back tomorrow?" Jc said to my family, very obviously trying to charm them.

It took so much restraint for me not to yell at him right then. I was still pissed off about the surprise announcement of us dating. He could of at least told me that he was going to say that, so I could be mentally prepared for the dropped bomb that wasn't even true.

"You know what, it's already pretty late, why don't you just stay here for the night?" Jake asked when we started walking towards the door.

I gave him a surprised look. Since when did he trust me at all? Of course, when I didn't want to see any more of Jc right now, that's when.

"There are already enough people sleeping at this house tonight, we don't need another one. And besides, wouldn't that be a little weird?" I responded.

"Not really, you've stayed over at my apartment plenty of times," Jc added in his two cents.

"With Kara," I said. He really shouldn't be testing me right now, couldn't he tell that I was already upset enough?

"If you don't want him to stay, he doesn't have to, I was just offering," Jacob said, then turned to Jc again. "You can definitely come back tomorrow, you're always welcome here."

I rolled my eyes and began walking toward the front door. Even though I didn't want to, I know I needed to talk to Jc before he left and find out what the hell was going on.

I felt a warm hand on my waist when I was almost out the door and turned to find Jc next to me. I turned to him with a scowl on my face before harshly shaking his hand off of me.

"What was that for?" Jc asked me with a smile after shutting the front door softly.

Making my way towards Jc's car, I was clenching and unclenching my fists in order to calm down. I kept my breaths even and collected my thoughts so I didn't sound stupid when I began to lash out at him.

I realized I was pacing, and stopped to find Jc staring at me. I held his gaze for a few seconds before beginning to talk.

"Would you cut that out?" I asked sharply, and was impressed with myself for keeping my edge.

"Cut what out? I don't know what you're talking about," He responded, his voice smooth and relaxed.

He was clearly trying to irritate me with his carefree words. He knew that I was angry, and honestly, I don't think that he cared.

A small gust of wind swept by, and I immediately wished that I hadn't shed my jacket inside. I looked over at Jc's car and longed for the warmth that it would bring, but I knew that if I went in there with him, I wouldn't be able to be successful in this upcoming argument.

"Jc, what the hell happened in there?" I asked, pointing towards my house.

He sighed and opened the door to his car, not looking at me.

"Hey!" I said, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him away from the car. "I want to know why you said that, you can just walk away!"

I slammed the door shut and pushed him farther away from the car, into the street. I was full of rage at this point, and he still hadn't said anything.

"I told them that we were dating because I wanted answers. How do you know that they don't know about us being related? If any of them knew, then they wouldn't have accepted our relationship, they would've hated me or treated me badly. They obviously liked me, which means that they probably have no idea," He said, all of his words even and calm.