Chapter 12

***Ronnie’s POV***

As the credits rolled, I snuggled my head into Connor's chest.

We were lying down in my room, having just finished The Notebook. It was great that Connor would watch such a girly movie with me.

I was so tired, and it felt so perfect sitting here with Connor. I knew I would be able to fall asleep, but I had to stay up, because we still needed to pick everyone up from homecoming.

I just wish I could stay here with his arms wrapped around me forever.

He rubbed his hand on my arm and leaned down to kiss the top of my head.

I turned my body to the side and slid up so our faces were inches apart. Smiling, I leaned forward and kissed him.

He rolled over so that he was on top of me and started to lean in again.

He quickly froze when we heard the front door open and close.

"You can put your shoes right there," I heard Tim's voice from the front of the house.

Oh no! I didn't think that he would be home yet! I looked at Connor and put a finger to my lips, hoping that he would be quiet. I heard the shuffling of feet.

"Are you sure that she's not here?" I heard a female voice.

Was that Kinley? What was she doing here?

"Yeah babe, she's with Connor," Tim replied.

Babe? When did that happen?

"And I told her that she couldn't bring him here if I wasn't here," Timothy's muffled voice said from behind the wall.

Did you ever think about the fact that I don't always do everything you say?

"I'm glad that we could finally get some.. alone time," Kinley said.

I could only imagine what that meant.

I got up from off the bed and peeked my head out of the door. Kinley was straddling Tim on the couch.

And they were making out!

It was only so gross to me because he's basically my dad, and he always protects me from things like this. I just can't believe he didn't tell me about it.

I walked back into my room, trying to figure out a way to escape without Tim or Kinley noticing.

We waited for a few minutes until I heard them enter Timothy's room. I grabbed a hold of Connor's hand and we quickly made our way out of the front door.

"What the hell was that?" I could finally say something after being silent forever.

Connor still didn't say anything though, making me uneasy.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice growing the farther away we got from my house. "Why would he keep something like that from me? I feel so betrayed."

"That's exactly why he kept it from you," Connor replied. "He didn't want you to feel like he was slipping away from you. And after tonight, I finally understand it."

I can’t believe this. Was everyone lying to me?

"You knew about this?"

"I found out about it when you were still not talking to me. Please don't be mad, I only kept it from you to protect you," He said honestly.

I felt guilty for yelling at him. He was just trying to be sweet, and I didn’t believe him. I needed to stop jumping to conclusions.

"Fine," I replied. "But you can't ever keep anything like this from me again. I'll act like we didn't see them, so Tim doesn't know that we were there alone. And I'm not mad at you, don't worry. I'm just shocked, that's all."