Chapter 25

***Connor's POV***

I only had to stay at the hospital for one night so that they could monitor me for a while and make sure that it was safe for me to go home.

So on Friday morning, they admitted me out of the hospital.

As much as I hated to do it, I had to call my father to come and pick me up. He didn't bother staying with me overnight, he figured that I was 'grown up' and 'didn't need a babysitter'.

I was glad he didn't stay anyway.

"Hello," My father's cold voice said from the other line.

"Are you getting me, or what?" I said in a harsh tone.

I had already been waiting for forty minutes. He said that he would get me at ten, but it was way past that time by now.

"Oh, I completely forgot!" He said.

Suprise, suprise. My own father forgot that I was in the hospital and he was supposed to come and get me.

"I can't come right now, I have a meeting I'm supposed to get to," He added.

Well it was good to know where I was placed in his life.

"I'll get someone to come and get you, don't worry about it," He said in a frustrated tone. "I'm sorry."

"Sure," I responded before hanging up the phone on him.

He better be getting someone to pick me up, because I couldn't stand it in this place. There were too many concerned people in this lobby, and I couldn't take it anymore.

The front door opened and Jennifer walked towards me. Of course.

"Ready to go?" She said, and she almost sounded like a normal person.

There wasn't any venom in her words, I was pretty surprised.

"Um.. Yeah, I guess so," I replied and got up from the chair I had been waiting in for the past hour.

I followed her out into the parking garage, and walked up to the third floor, seeing that the elevator was broken.

After a lot of walking, we finally made it to her red lamborghini. She had too much money to even comprehend. I mean, who would buy their seventeen-year-old daughter a brand new lamborghini?

As soon as we got in the car, she turned the heat up. It was colder outside than it was yesterday. I looked at the thermometer on the dashboard. It was twenty degrees outside, that was cold for Florida.

"Why are you being so quiet?" Jennifer spoke up when we were halfway to my father's house.

"Because it's not like I have anything to say to you," I replied, sighing.

I really didn't have time for this right now. I was stressed enough already with everything that she did to Veronica and I, I just didn't want to talk to her at the moment.

"Well, you could start by telling me why you crashed a car yesterday," She snapped.

There was the Jennifer I was used to hearing.

"And what makes you think that I have to tell you that?" I asked with just as much force.

"Because whether you believe it or not, I do care about you Connor," She said, her voice softening.

Bullshit.

"Well, if you really need to know, I crashed while I was checking a text message. From you I might add," I responded finally, emphasizing the last part.