Chapter 2

***Connor’s POV***

After I gathered my belongings from my locker, I started to walk towards Ronnie and I’s normal meeting place after school. Just as I was exited the building, I stopped dead in my tracks. It was Jennifer Allen.

I hoped she didn’t see me.

“Get your sexy ass over here Connor Franta,” Jennifer said as I turned back around towards the door.

Shit.

“I thought you got expelled,” I retorted.

“I just came back to clean out some things from my locker and grab some stupid ass paperwork. I’m really glad I ran into you, though. See, I haven’t hooked up with someone in over a week, and I was thinking that we could have a little bit of fun. You up for it?” She asked slyly.

“You were thinking wrong,” I snapped at her. “I don’t want anything to do with you Jennifer.”

I tried to contain my anger as she slowly inched her way towards me. She placed a hand on my arm and put one of her thumbs under the sleeve of my t-shirt.

I jerked my arm away immediately, but she moved back towards me again, this time putting both of her hands on my chest.  

“Well maybe I could tell your little girlfriend everything we did together,” She replied. “I’m sure she would love that.”

If Veronica was to ever find out about what happened between Jennifer and I, i would want to tell her. i would never want her to hear the story from this little whore.

“She’s not my girlfriend!” I raised my voice.

I took both of her hands in the grip of one of my own and forced them off of me.

“Now you listen to me,” I began.

Our faces were inches apart and my finger was just below her collarbone, pushing her body away from my own.

“I never want to hear another word from you again. Stay away from me and stay away from Veronica,” I gave her one last dirty look and turned toward the tree that marked the trail to my house.

I was glad to see Veronica sitting at the base of it, staring down into what seemed like a book.

Did she see that?

I hoped not.

***Ronnie’s POV***

I looked around for Connor once I made it to our meeting place. Where was he? He was never late.

Catching sight of him walking out of the math building, I smiled and started to gather my things.

Then he turned around. What?

Next, there was a girl talking to him. She looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.

Nevertheless, she looked like a total skank.

Why was Connor yelling at her?

What was going on?

She finally walked away and Connor turned towards me.

I quickly sat down and grabbed the nearest book to me. I giggled silently as I realized i was holding the book upside down.

“Hey Connor,” I smiled at him when he finally made it to where I was sitting.

“Hi,” He replied.

I could tell something was off, he didn’t sound as happy as he normally does.