Chapter 8

***Ronnie's POV***

I was glad that I escaped Connor earlier. Now maybe Lauren and I could get some work done.

I felt kind of bad, but I just couldn’t deal with all of my problems right now. And especially not with Ross and Lau around. That would have been a nightmare.

What was going on with them anyway? I really hoped that Lauren wasn’t going to fall for a complete douchebag like him. She could do so much better.

“Veronica, I’m hungry,” Lauren complained, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at the clock on the wall.

7:30.

Tim, Jake, and Alexa all went to a movie and they wouldn't be back until 10. I guess we have to take care of things on our own.

"Ronnie, I want food!" Lauren persisted. Geez, it was like I was her mother or something.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. Great, a whole lot of nothing.

"We are gonna have to go out to get something, Lau," I sighed.

"But we don't have a car...or a license," She replied, stating the obvious.

I looked across the street at Connor's house. This is what it has to come to.

"Well, we could either not eat, or catch a ride from Connor," I looked at Lau. "What do you say?"

"Connor and Ross?" She squealed at me. "I say yes!"

She then proceeded to run out of the door like a crazy woman.

By the time I got outside, she was already on the Franta's doorstep talking to the boys. Ross seemed pretty happy that he was talking to her, but Connor, on the other hand, seemed more distracted.

He looked around until he spotted me, and a smile instantly appeared on his face as he walked over to where I was standing.

"So, are you gonna take us?" I asked, not trying to sound too desperate.

"As long as you're coming," He said with a smile.

Wow. Cliche much?

I rolled my eyes and hopped into the front seat of the truck.

Looking in the rearview mirror, I could see Ross and Lau sitting awfully close in the back. I looked at Connor and I instantly knew that we were thinking the same thing. I laughed then looked out of the window.

"So where are we going?" Lau said.

"Taco Bell?" Ross asked.

I hated Taco Bell. That's the only place Ross ever wanted to go. Well, I was getting a ride, so I probably shouldn't complain.

"That sounds awesome!" Lau said, looking at Ross and beaming.

Ew.

"What about you, Ronnie? Where do you want to go?" Connor said.

He turned his face to look at me before turning on the engine.

"I don't really care," I said, shrugging.

"Really?" Connor said quietly.

He knew how much I hated Taco Bell, and he was trying to get me to stand up for myself.

"Really," I said back at him.

He gave me a look that said ‘I don't believe you.’

"Ok fine,” I whispered. "Anywhere but Taco Bell."