Chapter 20

***Ronnie's POV***

I got up early on Saturday morning, I was way too excited about seeing Connor.

I still felt really bad about not being able to spend any time with him on Friday. It was really embarrassing talking to him in front of my new friends.

When I had finished talking on the phone with him, Jc didn't say much for the rest of the night. He told us that he didn't feel good, and I hoped that he was feeling better by now.

I quickly took a shower and got dressed, then went into the kitchen to find Timothy sitting at the counter staring at his cup of coffee.

"Good morning," He said flatly, not looking up.

I sat down on a stool opposite to him and made myself a mug of coffee as well.

"Look Tim, I'm sorry about last night, I really didn't think that I was going to be out that late," I tried to convince him. "My friends really are nice people, I promise."

After a few moments of silence, he finally spoke up.

"I believe you. I just get so worried about you. I mean, we used to be so close, but now you are always mad at me for something. I don't know what I'm doing wrong." He said.

"Well, for one, you're acting like you're my dad all the time," I took this as an opportunity to get some things off of my chest.

"I'm the closest thing that you have to a dad, you know that," He replied.

"And you're keeping things from me," I said, referring to Kinley.

"Yeah, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. Connor told me that you found out about it. I'm really sorry for keeping it from you, I just didn't want you to think that I was becoming preoccupied with someone besides you," He replied.

He was sweet for thinking that, but I wasn’t a child.

"Well, I would rather you have told me than me find out the way that I did," I remembered the night when Connor and I found out about Kinley and Timothy.

Well, the night I found out, Connor already knew.

Just thinking about that night made me feel sick.

Talk about awkward.

I sat at the counter for a few minutes sipping my coffee when I realized I still hadn't told Tim that Connor was coming. I guess it wasn't that big of a deal, I'm just used to telling him where I'm going to be all of the time.

Just when I was going to bring it up, there was a knock at the door and I got up to get it.

The door opened to reveal Kinley, not Connor, standing there. I was surprised at first, but then realized that Tim didn't know she was coming when she put a finger to her lips to silence me. I looked over her shoulder and saw Connor sitting in a fancy little white car that didn't have a single scratch on it.

I went to grab my bag out of my room and laughed when I saw the surprised look on Timothy's face when he saw Kinley walk in behind me.

I told him that I was going with Connor and he waved me off, only happy to see that Kinley was there.

My face lit up when I got into the car and Connor leaned over to kiss me on the cheek.

I turned my head quickly so that our lips met at the last second and I could hear him laughing.

"Sneaky move," Was all he said to send me into a fit of giggles.

It wasn't funny, I was just so happy to see him.