Chapter 20 Weekend Getaway

Song: Queen of Hearts- We The Kings 

This chapter is part one of two!

It had been about two weeks since Travis had woken from his coma and come home, and things were pretty much back to normal. For about a week after they were home, Dani watched over Travis at night and nudged him to make sure he wouldn't slip into a coma again, though that would be very unlikely. He was annoyed when he couldn't get a good nights' rest but understood Dani's reasoning. For almost an entire month, Travis had been just lying on a hospital bed not able to interact with anyone, to move, to eat, or breathe on his own. Dani hadn't had the man she loved to hold her hand, to talk to her late at night, to hiss her and hold her tight and tell her that he loves her. But he was here now to do all of that.

x     x     x     x     x

Travis booked a room at the Surf City Hotel in Surf City, New Jersey for a weekend getaway for him and Dani. Florida was nice, but he wanted a change of scenery. He wanted to take Dani to the beach and the boardwalk and minigolf, everything fun at the shore. Dani was so excited when Travis told her; she started packing right away.

The couple left around 7am to the airport for a 7:45am flight to the Atlantic City International Airport. Two hours later, the couple was grabbing their bags and Travis was on the phone with a cab company to get picked up from the airport and be driven to the hotel. A taxi pulled up twenty minutes later and drove them to the Surf City Hotel.

Yawning, Travis checked his Michael Kors watch- 9:35am. He shook Dani awake as the taxi driver popped the trunk.

"Hey Dani, wake up. We're here."

Dani stepped out of the cab and looked around: there were shore houses all around the hotel, cars whizzed past on Long Beach Boulevard and she could hear the tinkle of bells ringing on bikes. She closed her eyes and breathed in the salt air; this was going to be a good weekend. 

"Are you ready to check out our room?" Travis asked, walking up behind Dani.

"More than ever!" Dani exclaimed.

Travis laughed and they lugged their bags up to the hotel room, number 28. After getting situated, Travis asked Dani what they should do first. She wanted to go to the beach before lunch, so they changed into their bathing suits and walked to the beach. One of the reasons Travis had picked the Surf City Hotel was because it had its own entrance to the beach. Guests could just walk out of the hotel, and there was the beach! The couple was on the beach a few moments later and picked a spot on the warm sand. 

"I'm gonna burn up so much," Travis complained as he lathered on suntan lotion. He held out the bottle to Dani, who put a thin layer on herself.

"I don't burn. I tan," she said smugly.

Travis scoffed. "Well don't come crying to me when you're a lobster from all that tanning out here."

Dani rolled her eyes and laid on her stomach; Travis took out a notebook and pen to write down ideas for a new song.

Half an hour later, Dani jumped up. "Let's go in the water!" Grabbing Travis' hand, she guided him to the water's edge to test the temperature. "It feels great! Come on!" Dani ran into the ocean, Travis right behind her.

They swam out only far enough where they were still able to stand. Travis splashed Dani, who laughed, splashing him back. They laid on their backs and floated, holding hands so they didn't seperate. Travis felt Dani's hand let go, and before he could stand, Dani had dunked him underwater.

"Oh, now you're getting it!" he yelled as he resurfaced.

Dani squealed and swam away, but Travis grabbed her ankle, picked her up and tossed her into the water. Dani laughed when she resurfaced. "That was fun!"

Travis grinned and swam closer. He swept a strand of hair from Dani's face and looked into her hazel eyes. Stroking her cheek, he bent down and kissed Dani softly. He left her lips and saw a smile spread.

"Let's get outta here."

The two swam back to shore, dried off and walked down the wooden path to the hotel hand-in-hand.

To be continued....

Okay so that was kind of a cheesy ending?? I don't know but chapter is finally here! I have to start writing; I finally have time now that I'm done school and I'll have a week off of work! Woohoo! So there's one more chapter that goes with this, and that's the last chapter I have written as well. When part 2 is done, I'm going to skip ahead a few months (right now it's like September). One more thing and then I'm done! The song on the side is from We The Kings' new album, Somewhere Somehow. If you haven't bought it yet, what are you waiting for?! The songs are seriously fantastic, and it got to #1 on the US charts (BEATING BEYONCE)! Link for you to get it (if you can, I'm really not forcing you) will be in the external link. :)

Okay anywayyy I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did please vote and comment! :)