Chapter 7 Concentrate!

Travis could barely concentrate during sound check. He was strumming the wrong chords and didn't hear anything anyone was saying; he was in his own little world.

"Okay, stop!" Charles walked over to Travis. "Uh, Trav what's going on?"

Travis grabbed Charles' arm and dragged him to the end of the stage, out of earshot from everyone else. "I think I really like this girl, Charles."

Charles ran his fingers through his hair. "Okay, and we've known her for a total of...36 hours? Are you insane?? You don't even know her, Travis. None of us really do. All we know is you took her away from an abusive relationship."

"I know," Travis replied, sighing. "But I feel like we have some kind of connection. You know what she said when I was holding her while she was crying?" Charles shook his head. "She wanted me to stay as long as I could. I went to get water when she fell asleep, and she was scared when I wasn't there."

"Well, Trav she was upset. She needed you."

"Exactly. Not you, not Coley, Danny or Hunter. She needed me."

Charles sighed. "Just stay focused for the concert? Please?"

Travis nodded and they walked back to finish sound check. Around 6:15, Travis walked into the green room. "Want the best seats in the house?"

Dani's eyes sparkled and she stood up. Travis took her hand and guided her onto the stage. "Wow," she marveled looking at everything. "This is like a backstage pass, but better."

Travis brought a chair over. "This is where you'll be sitting, just off to the side. You can see all of us, right up close! I'll be right there," he pointed to middle stage. Dani already knew that, but she held her tongue and just smiled. Travis started to leave, but Dani stopped him.

"Travis...stay focused. Don't be nervous because of me." Travis opened his mouth but didn't say anything. "Women's intuition," Dani said. "Also, your palms are sweaty, and that's a sign of nervousness. You've done this a thousand times; one thousand and one will be great too."

Travis grinned and ran onstage to a screaming crowd. "This first song I want to dedicate to someone special." He looked to his left. "It's called Just Keep Breathing."

I'm sorry this chapter is really short! Next chapter will be longer. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, give it a vote if you did and please comment, I really appreciate it! :)