Chapter 8 Take it or Leave it

Everyone but Travis, Dani and Charles were asleep. Dani and Travis were talking at the table, and Charles was vlogging in the back of the bus.

"Thank you for dedicating Just Keep Breathing to me," Dani said. "You didn't have to do that."

"I know," Travis replied. "But I wanted to." He put his hand over hers.

"Let's go see what Dani and Travis are up to!" Charles was saying to the camera. Travis' hand left Dani's so it wouldn't be seen on camera.

"Hey!" Travis said with fake enthusiasm. "How are all the CTFxCers?"

"Fine, thank you," Dani said across from him.

"Ah, I almost forgot, you're a CTFxCer too!" said Charles.

"That I am," Dani replied. "Look!" she showed the camera her wristband.

Travis mumbled something about the bathroom and got up. Dani looked sad when he left, but continued talking to Charles and the camera.

Travis entered the bathroom and locked it. He slid down to the floor and began crying. He cried for Dani; he cried for the pain she had gone through. Travis didn't realize he'd been in there for so long until he heard a soft voice say through the door, "Travis are you okay in there? ...Travis? Can I come in?" Yes. Dani could come in. He unlocked the door and Dani squeezed through. She looked at Travis and sat opposite him. 

"What's wrong, Travis? Why are you crying?" He just shook his head and wiped a tear away.

"I think it's my turn to hold you now," Dani said. "I might have to charge you, though." Travis laughed and scooted over into her small arms. "Okay are you going to tell me what is wrong now? Why the tears?"

"I'm crying because of....you," Travis said finally.

"Me?"

He nodded and explained softly, "When you showed your wristbands to the camera, it reminded me of when I was at your house and you showed me your scars." Dani gasped as Travis took her left hand and slowly lifted the wristbands to reveal the scars on her wrist from when she cut herself. He lifted her hand and gingerly pressed his lips to them. After a moment, he continued. "I just can't imagine what you went through, the pain you had to endure. I...I just wish I could have taken you away from it sooner."

He looked up at Dani a moment later and saw she was now the one crying. "Oh, please don't cry. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything."

"No, it was....nobody has ever said something like that to me Nobody has ever been so kind and caring," she wiped a tear away. "Thank you."

Travis wiped tears from Dani's cheeks like windshield wipers. He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her softly.

"How romantic," she whispered sarcastically and laughed. "I'm kissing Travis Clark in a tour bus bathroom. This is what I've always dreamed of."

"Hey take it or leave it baby," he said. "We've got nowhere else to go." 

"I'll take it," Dani replied, and smiled into another kiss.

Another chapter down! I hope you enjoyed it, if you did please vote and comment! I really appreciate it :)