Chapter 3 James

A/N: I just want to say that I'm so happy to see that I have 125 reads (as of this chapter)! I literally just got back from vacation a few hours ago and it made my day! :D I told one of my readers I was going to upload tomorrow, but I just couldn't wait!! Mondays will be regular upload days for this story, however. In the meantime, enjoy! :)

The bus turned a corner. "Almost there boys!" the driver yelled. "And lady," he added. Coley, Hunter and Charles peeked out from their bunks where they had been sleeping like three of the seven dwarfs. Charles stretched and took out his camera.

"Do you mind if I vlog?" he asked Dani.

"No, not at all!" she replied, trying not to burst with excitement. She was going to be in one of Charles' vlogs!

Charles turned on his camera and said, "Hey guys, so we have a stow-away on the bus!" He pointed the camera at Dani who grinned and waved. "Just kidding, she needed some help and we're giving her a ride home. ....and I think we've arrived! Why don't you go see what Alli's doing while we say goodbye to Dani." He turned the camera off and set it on the table. 

Travis stood up. "Well... Ready to go then?"

Dani nodded and thanked everyone, then walked out of the bus.

"I'm just gonna walk her to the door to make sure she's okay," Travis said.

Everyone waved him off ("Yeah whatever" "Sure") and he hopped off of the bus yelling, "Wait! Dani!"

Dani turned around. "Did I forget something?" she asked once Travis reached her.

"No," Travis replied. "I just wanted to walk you to your door to make sure you're okay," he smiled.

Dani pulled at her bangs. "Oh, well that's very nice of you, but I'll be okay. I've lived in Philly my whole life. It's fine, really. Thank you though."

"Hey, I'm already out here. I'm not walking back without doing what I came out here for; come on," Travis told her.

"What the hell are they doing?"
"God it's been an hour already"
"No it's not you dingus it's only been two minutes" 
"Guys just shut up he'll be back soon."

Dani sighed. "Okay come on then."

They walked up to the door and Dani looked for a spare key. "I think I left mine in the house," she said nervously.

"Is anyone home?" Travis asked.

Just then, the door swung open and a man with a fierce demeanor stood before the two on the front porch. "Daniela! Where the hell have you been?! You were supposed to be home an hour ago! And who's this??" he looked at Travis.

Dani spoke before Travis could say anything. "Honey, this is Travis. He's the lead singer for the band I went to see. I didn't have enough money to get home, so they gave me a ride." she gestured toward the bus.

"Hey man, I'm sorry that you got worried, we got her home as fast as we could," Travis said.

Dani's boyfriend ignored Travis. "Well you should've had enough money with you, you stupid bitch!" he yelled and slapped her hard. Dani fell to the ground and began to cry.

"Hey, not cool man! She didn't do anything to deserve that!" Travis punched Dani's boyfriend square in the nose.

"My nose! You broke my fucking nose! You'll pay for that, fucker!" He swung at Travis, who ducked and punched the other man's stomach.

"James!" Dani said, getting up.

"Dani. has James ever hurt you before?" Travis asked, grabbing her.

Dani's lip trembled, not saying a word.

"Dani?"

She lifted her shirt slightly to reveal bruises on her stomach, and showed Travis scars under her wristbands from when she cut herself.

"You have to leave. Now," Travis said, willing himself not to cry.

"Where will I go?" Dani asked, her voice cracking.

"With us. You can stay with us," Travis said softly. "Go get your things; I'll be right here."

Dani nodded and disappeared into the apartment. Five minutes later, she was back with two travel bags.

"Ready?" Travis asked.

Dani nodded and they ran back to the bus.

"Wha-"

"I'll explain in a minute," Travis interrupped Charles. 

"Where to, Travis?" Mark asked.

"The tour!" he replied. "Go!" Mark nodded and started up the bus.

"Okay, Trav what's going on?" Charles asked. I thought we were just taking Dani home? Now you bring her back with suitcases?"

Everyone waited for Travis to answer.