Chapter 6 Just Keep Breathing

• Dedicated to AllmyTwitterfriends

Song: Just Keep Breathing by We The Kings

The band arrived to Baltimore early, around 11:45am.

"Cool! making good time!" Coley said, giving high-fives.

Travis told Dani she could just hang out in the green room; they were bringing the instruments and equipment in. There were enough hands for that, and Dani could just chill there until everything was ready.

Dani walked into the green room and sat on one of the couches. She watched NerdRock tune the guitars when he came in for a while, and then took out her iPod. Plugging in her headphones, she put iTunes on shuffle. Dani tapped out of iTunes and went on the Twitter app. She found her mentions filled with 'Dani where are you??' 'Are you okay Dani? Please answer we're so worried!! :(' Dani tapped the 'compose new tweet' button: '@WeTheDani: Guys I'm so sorry I haven't been on Twitter! It's a really long story; I'll make a twitlonger about it.'

She logged onto twitlonger and wrote about what happened- from getting a ride on the tour bus, to Travis saving her from James, to now in the green room. Dani waited about five minutes, and her mentions began to flood with amazement. 'OMG YOU'RE WITH THEM?? AND TRAV SAVED YOU FROM JAMES THAT IS SO AMAZING!!' 'Dani I am so happy for you! I worried all the time for your safety, and now you're away from him-with WTK even! :)' Dani smiled at all the kind replies. Suddenly she realized might not be able go on Twitter as much as she usually did. Dani tweeted: 'Guys as sad as this is I may not be able to be on here as much as I usually am; I'll probably be busy in the real world-'

'-I will come on as much as possible and give you updates and pics of my travels. ily guys so much, you are like family to me. <3'

Dani DMed with close friends and gave them her number so they could still talk. Silent tears skated down her cheeks as she locked her phone and put her face in her hands.

The boys walked in talking and laughing, and Dani looked up at them with blood-shot eyes. She started to cry even more.

Travis hurried over. "Dani what's wrong?" he asked, holding her shoulders.

"I-" she burst into tears and Travis pulled her into his arms; the rest of the boys walked out quietly.

Dani sobbed uncontrollably into Travis' shoulder; he could feel her body shake. Travis began stroking Dani's long jet black hair and sang to her softly 'Just Keep Breathing'

"When heaven seems so far away 

And dreams are just a memory 

Without the dark the light won't show 

Remember that you're not alone

When you watch the world just turn away 

And break the promises it made 

When love is all too hard to hold 

Just take a breath and let it go

Woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh 

Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing 

Woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh 

Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing

2 a.m., too tired to sleep 

When what you want's not what you need 

And when these walls don't feel like home 

Remember that you're not alone

The beginning's just another end 

It's not too late to start again 

When hope is all too hard to hold 

Just take a breath and let it go

Woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh 

Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing 

Woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh 

Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing

Ooh ooh...

When heaven seems so far away 

And dreams are just a memory 

When love is all too hard to hold 

Just take a breath and let it...

Go whoa oh, woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh 

Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing 

Woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh, woah whoa oh 

Just keep breathing, breathing, breathing"

When he finished singing, Travis looked at Dani. "Do you feel better?"

She nodded and did her best attempt at a smile. "Thank you. ...Don't leave....please. Until you have to?" she asked in a whisper.

"I won't," Travis promised. Dani leaned her head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around her again.

Dani woke up from what seemed like a years' sleep. Looking around, she saw that she was alone.

"Travis? Travis?!" Where was he? He was supposed to be with her until sound check-Dani checked her phone-it was only 2:00! "Travis," she said quietly, starting to cry softly again.

Just then, Travis walked in holding two bottles of water. "Where were you, you were supposed to be here until you had to leave, but I woke up and you weren't here!" Dani said angrily, but more worried and scared.

He sat next to Dani. "Settle down, I was just getting water; I thought you were still sleeping," he said softly. "I figure you might be dehydrated or something after all that crying." Travis handed Dani a water.

"Oh, I- well thank you I'm sor-"

"Don't worry about it, I should've left a note or something."

Dani smiled and took a sip of water as Travis put an arm around her shoulder. "You know, I might have to start charging if this sort of thing continues," he joked.

Dani laughed. "I think I'll have to get a job first."

x x x

Around 3:45 Charles poked his head in as Travis and Dani were talking. "Sound check, Trav. Glad to see you're feeling better," he said to Dani, and closed the door to the stage.

"Well I guess I should go then," Travis said. "I'll let you know when the show is about to start; you can have front row seats." He took his arm back and kissed Dani's cheek then left the room.

Dani gasped and touched her cheek. Did he just-oh my God! She fell back on the couch in glee.

eeek! Okay so I'm not gonna lie, I cried a little bit when I was writing the part about Twitter. I have a lot of friends on Twitter, and it made me emotional okay! But wow this is the longest chapter I've ever written I think?? Holy canole. I think that's all though so yeah I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please vote and comment if you did, I really appreciate it! :)