Chapter 19

Regaining composure over myself, I quickly bent down to pick up my shattered phone. "Damn it!" I swore aloud.

"Dang that's messed up," Terrell said with extended hands walking over to me. He grabbed my phone out of my hand and examined it. "I'll buy you another one," he smiled at me.

I snatched the phone back. "What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Shopping," he shrugged and smiled at me. His teeth were extremely white. They were bleached to death. They were perfectly straight although he had a slight overbite. It was cute. It fit his rapper demeanor. His light brown eyes glistened in the contemporary lighting that swept across the store. I looked away from him before I got too comfortable.

"Yeah right," I replied to him. "This isn't your style."

"It might be," he grabbed my hand into his.

I snatched it away, "What do you want Terrell?"

He got serious. "I wanted to come see you. Why are you acting like this?"

"I haven't seen you in like six months okay," I said to him walking away. I walked behind the counter and tried to fix my phone. He followed me behind the counter and attempted to help. I pushed him away. "You can't be behind here."

He didn't move. He just stood there and stared at me. "I miss you," he said with big puppy dog eyes. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I don't need this," I said walking from behind the counter away from him. Once again he followed.

"Need what?"

"This crap that you're pulling, you don't miss me!" I yelled back at him.

He softened his facial expression, "Yes I do." He stepped up to me and pulled the phone from my grip again.

I didn't reply.

"Let me buy you another phone,” he said to me licking his lips.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I headed to the back where Judi and Tink were. I told them that I would be right back and headed out of the store with Terrell.

We arrived at Best Buy moments later. His six body guards got out of the purple stretch Hummer with us. Terrell with his white sagging skinny jeans, purple tight fit tee, black blazer and white shaggy bandana put on a pair of black Raybands before departing the car. To me they seemed to make him more noticeable rather than mysterious. Then again, maybe that's what he wanted.

Not even a minute had passed before people started realizing who he was. The buff body guards did their job by protecting us from the mob that was now forming. We safely made it into the store. Immediately inside we were taken to a back room where we could purchase a phone in peace. 

***

About an hour later we arrived back at the store. I was now importing all of my numbers to my iPhone with its sexy glitter case. We switched cars on the way back to the store making an easy get away. We stepped in to find Tink and Judi squealing over the counter.

"What's going on?" I asked as my tiny heels clicked across the floor.

The girls looked up. "Terrell?" Tink asked in astonishment.

"What's good Tink?" He nodded at her and Judi both.

"Where did you come from?" She asked looking at me.

I rolled my eyes. "We just came from Best Buy," he answered her.

"We?" Tink looked at me.

"We just went to get a new phone," I interjected.

""Once again, there's that we,” Judi said slickly. I gave her an evil eye to shut her face.

"You bought her a phone?" Tink asked Terrell.

"Yeah," he said bluntly.

Tink smiled, "Dang playa." She winked at me.

"Not funny!" I walked over to the counter where they were. "What's that?"

There was a tiny unraveled box on the top of the counter where the girls had previously been squealing.

"Oh something for you," Judi laughed picking up the box.

 I rudely snatched the box away from her hands. "And you opened it!" I yelled.

"My bad," she smiled walking away to take a seat on the sofa.

 I opened the already unwrapped gift. The shiny stone implanted into the necklace almost blinded me as soon as I opened the box.

"Oh my!" I exclaimed. my face became hot as I stared at the large diamond. The Tiffany's necklace was beautiful. I didn't have to ask who it was from. Shia was always thinking about me.

"I put it on," and turned to look at Tink.

"It's gorgeous girl!" She squealed.

"Who's that from?" Terrell frowned.

"Her man." Tink said glaring at him.

"Yo man?" He asked defensively.

I nodded.

"You want your phone back?" I asked.

"Naw, you keep the phone." He said. "He doesn’t even matter. I'll have you if I want you."

With that he left the store.

Tink and I turned to stare at one another. We burst out into laughter.

"Aww, poor baby," Judi smiled over at us.

We laughed even harder.

B entered the store two seconds later holding hands with a light skinned girl that greatly resembled a Rihanna with long hair. It was the girl from the game. She smiled as she saw us.

I smiled back. "You must be Chastity?" I walked over to her. We hugged and then she and Tink repeated the sequence.

"Was that Terrell?" B asked.

Tink, Judi, and I nodded and once again burst out into laughter.