Chapter 8

The game ended with a blowout score of 56 to 7. The Falcon's dominated as usual. B told us that Super wanted us to stick around after the game so we could all catch up. I would've been totally game for the idea, but Trevor was still being a jerk. "I'm ready to head on down the road," I said to B.

"Naw mama, you can't," he looked at me. It was more of a firm statement rather than a pleading one.

"And why not?" I asked.

He smiled at me, "Well, for one, you know that fine ass light skinned girl that I was talking to?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"Well, she wants me to come over later on," he smiled thinking he was the man.

"Okay, so?" I asked still not understanding why I couldn't go home.

"And, Channing and my cousin wanna see you."

By his cousin, he was referring to Shia. Oh, did I mention that B and Shia were cousins?

"How do you know this?" I asked him.

"Well, Super said that Shia been talking about you ever since he saw you at the club last night," he said. I knew the chaos was about to fire up before he even finished the statement completely.

"Oh, so you hooked up with him at the club last night, that's why Super gave ya'll tickets!" Trevor exclaimed.

"Oh my goodness Trevor, please get off of my dick!" I exclaimed in frustration.

We began arguing back and forth, almost so loud that people were starting to notice. I was so in my ghetto girl mode (stereotype) that I didn't even notice Channing and Shia walk over to us.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Chill out," I heard a deep, goofy voice say. I immediately knew Channing's sexy, boyish voice.

I spun around. He was smiling extremely hard. I suddenly forgot all about my anger and frustration with Trevor and I jumped into Channing's arms. We hugged for what seemed like forever. I'd had a crush on Channing back in the eighth grade. I've gotten over him way since then, but I wasn't going to lie. That boy was still fine, and I still got wet every time I saw him up close and personal.

"Chan Chan number eleven!" I exclaimed teasing him. He hated when I called him that. He rolled his eyes.

"What's up ya'll?" He greeted everyone.

Everyone spoke except for B. He and Shia were already in deep conversation. But of course, leave it to ole Tinkerbell to break that up.

"Shia!" she yelled a little too loud.

Shia jumped at the sound of her loud voice. "Hey Tink," he laughed.

"How did you sleep last night," she asked randomly, or so I thought.

"Uh, fine, why do you ask?" He looked at her puzzled.

"Oh, I was just wondering, because I think your girl slept really well," she winked at me.

"Uh no!" I looked at her with eyes that could kill. Only she and I actually understood the joke, but I didn't need something else to argue with Trevor about.

In the midst of all of our conversations I heard Channing's stomach growl.

"Dang Super," Trevor actually laughed for the first time I had seen him, "you must be hella hungry dawg."

We all laughed in unison.

"Hell yeah, I haven't eaten since seven this morning," he replied. It was almost 5: 30 now. Come to think of it, Tink and I hadn't eaten at all. I wasn't worried about B and Trevor; I knew they had stopped somewhere to stuff their faces before they got here.

In my Own ShadowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara