Chapter 7

"OOO, you’re in trouble," she teased me.

I sighed and reluctantly opened the heavy door. So much for finding tickets I thought to myself.

"What's up guh?" B greeted me with a goofy look on his face.

"Hey!" I gave him a fake smile. Trevor followed him in shortly after.

"Hey!" I exclaimed hugging Trevor.

"What's up?" He said dryly; patting me on the ass.

"Ooh attitude," Tink murmured.

"I know," I frowned closing the door behind them.

"Y'all ready to go?" Trevor asked, obviously in a rush.

"Uh, ready to go where?" Tink and I asked in unison looking puzzled.

"The game, duh."

"Uh, you guys are going to the game?" I asked trying to hide the panic in my voice.

"Yeah, Super hooked us up," B winked at me.

I sighed not understanding the wink. "Oh, okay, uh yeah, let's get it."

Tink laughed under her breath. I got my stuff from out of the closet. I made sure that I had my cash and make up. I stuck a stick of Trident Layers' strawberry gum in my mouth as we headed out of the door.

Trevor had quite a pep in is step as we walked down the hallway. He walked way ahead of Tink, B, and I. "What's wrong with him?" Tink asked with a snarl on her face.

"Pussy deprived," B laughed. I punched him in the side holding in my laughter. I continued walking along. After all of the long silence and knocking of our shoes hitting the floor, we eventually made it to the car. We all crowded into my car and headed to the stadium.

We arrived there about an hour later. We all got out and headed toward the gates. Trevor was still giving everyone the cold shoulder. Bernard had his eye on a cute, little light skinned chick walking in the same direction as us. He was so locked in on the sight of her tiny waist and large ass that he bumped right into me.

"Ouch!" I yelled. The girl turned around and smiled at B. He winked back. She and her girl giggled. I rolled my eyes at the sight.

"My bad," he finally apologized to me.

"Uh huh," I frowned at him.

"I'm gone hit that tonight," he nudged me grinning, and still looking at the girl's behind.

"Um, eww, I don't care," I laughed.

"You will," he smirked. I didn't quite catch that hint.

I continued on towards the table ahead of us holding the reserved tickets (I didn't know that they had those.) We all walked up. We pulled out our IDs one by one. I knew the red head lady sitting behind the table was going to tell Tink and me that she didn't have our tickets, but I went with the flow. I don't know why I didn't tell the truth, I guess that was just my stubborn ways kicking in. I was prepared to act like a complete ass when she told us she didn't have our tickets. Singing wasn't my only quality. I could act like hell, and boy was I ready to put on a show.

She smiled at us and reached into the small lockbox. She pulled out four long tickets. "Channing said he would be expecting you all," she smiled at us. We took our tickets and headed towards the booths. My heart was beating faster than ever. Shock had completely overwhelmed me when the lady had pulled out our tickets.

I turned to look at Tink. She shrugged. She was thinking the same thing that I was. How in the world did Super know to leave us tickets. B grunted breaking our telepathic conversation. I looked at him. He smiled and whispered, "You two owe me."

I immediately understood the wink that he had given me in the hotel room earlier. I smiled at him. When he talked to Channing he must have scored us some tickets. We were so lucky.

***

 We gave the people at the ticket booth our tickets and walked on through that twisty thing that people always get stuck in. We walked for what seemed like forever to the seats near the bottom of the stadium. Chan Chan got us great tickets; we were extremely close to the field. We all sat down and took in the large Atlanta stadium. The grass had to have been freshly mowed, because the smell hit you in the face every time a light breeze went by. Bernard scored. He ended up sitting beside the little light skinned girl from earlier. They were in deep conversation. Tink was scanning the field, looking for her potential baby's daddy. I turned to look at Trevor. He still looked upset. I began rubbing his leg. I thought that maybe if I aroused him a bit that he would cool off. He moved my hand away and placed it my own lap.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked frustrated. I hated when people got mad around me. If one person is mad it ruins everything, for me at least.

"Nothing," he replied.

"Ugh, come on Trevor," I pleaded him, "I know when you're upset."

"I'm straight!" He yelled. I could hear the force and anger in his voice. I quickly gave up. I didn't have time for his bitchy attitude. I turned my waist back to the field.  

We sat there for about five minutes before this loud music came on and both of the teams were announced and entered the field. I spotted Channing in the middle of the group with his game face on. He looked like he was giving some short before- game pep- talk to the players. He looked sexy in his dark red and black jersey. His bright yellow skin illuminated the field. He was wearing a doo-rag, so I couldn't see the sexy black waves in his hair, but I knew they were there. I broke my gaze from Channing and began my search for Shia. It wasn't hard to find him, considering he was standing right next to Channing. Oh he was so sexy. He seemed to be always in mid-smile whenever I laid eyes on him. I wanted so badly for him to look up at me. I imagined us playing football together for a split second (if you know what I mean.) My eyes became dreamy and glazed over as I stared at him.

"Damn! Take a fucking picture!" Trevor yelled almost bursting my ear drum. I shook myself out of my daze and glared at him.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him with way too much attitude in my voice.

"Don't play stupid, you looking like you wanna tackle his ass," he replied angrily.

I hated when he did this. "Maybe I do want to TACKLE HIS ASS!" I emphasized loudly.

"Fuck this shit!" He threw his hands in the air and got up to leave. I quickly stood up to block his way from down the aisle.

"Sit!" I demanded.

"Hell naw," he tried to move past me.

I moved with him. "Sit!"

"Why?" He asked. I knew he was about to give in.

"Because this is ridiculous," I looked into his eyes.

He sat down, "You're right, this is ridiculous; you still ain't over that nigga."

"What?" I asked again acting confused.

"I'm not stupid Honey." He looked at me his facial expression softening a little. "You don't even like NFL football."

He was right. I absolutely hated anything dealing with football except for college football and high school football. I just came because I sort of wanted to see Shia, but I played it off anyway.

"Yes I do," I smiled at him.

He wouldn't fall for it.

"Yeah whatever," he said turning to look at the field. I was about to try and reason with him, but an immense roar sounded over the stadium as the punter started kickoff.

***