Chapter 15

Later on that night I spent all night talking to Shia. The moment I got home I closed up in my room and gave him a call. He said that he would be back in town tomorrow so we could go out. I felt like he really wanted to see me. Any guy that would juggle practice, games, and driving back and forth from ATL to Auburn had to have some serious feelings for someone. We talked to almost three in the morning. His voice sounded so sexy over the phone. It gave me chills every time he murmured my name.

I woke up the next morning. My day was slow and dragged out. I was so tired from staying up so late. I decided to let Tink close the shop today. I had to go to my hair dresser and there was no way that I would have time if I stayed at the shop all day.

Around six I headed down Opelika Road and hit up my friend's beauty salon. I stepped into a frenzy of hair gel, hair grease, and hairspray as I stepped into the salon titled "Tweet's." It was of course named after it's owner, my home girl Tweet. I walked over to her while she was deep into rolling someone's hair.

"Tweet!" I yelled out only a couple of inches from her.

She looked up and her large lips spread across her face in a big smile. She had the prettiest teeth ever thanks to the braces she had received back in high school. Her dark skin glowed in the bright lights gleaming around her station. Her table was cluttered with all kinds of hair care products. She finished spraying the last on the spritz onto the woman's wet hair and placed the last roller into her hair. She quickly sat the woman under the hair dryer and hurried back over to me in her leopard print high heels. She flipped her long Rapunzel weave back and placed it all into a clamp. She patted her chair for me to sit down.

For about an hour of her alternating between me and her previous customer she finally finished my hair. My perm was fresh and my curls were bouncier than ever. She even added in some honey blond foiled high lights. They glimmered against my jet black locks.

"OMG, girl this is so sexy!" I exclaimed looking at her and myself in the mirror.

She was smiling proudly, knowing that she had once again done her thing. "Where you going tonight?" She asked.

"Why you figure I'm going somewhere?" I asked her.

"Because you glowing," she smiled.

"I have a date tonight," I winked at her.

"For real girl!" She yelled getting overly excited. "With who?" She put her hands on her hips revealing her medium length hot pink fingernails.

"Shia." I smiled.

She immediately started running around the salon in circles and dancing like a maniac. Only a few people stared at the scene. Everyone was used to her wild ways. I laughed at her.

"It's about time ya'll got back together," she smiled at me.

"Yeah, yeah," I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I have a date tonight too," she smiled at me.

"Oh?" I raised m thick, waxed eyebrows at her.

"Mmhmm," she cheesed.

"With who Larry?" I asked.

She squealed with excitement and gave me a ghetto, "Yeeyuh." I laughed. She sounded exactly like Kim from the BET show The Parkers. Larry was her boo. They had been dating off and on since high school. I was surprised that they weren't married with kids by now. Well, hey, I guess we all couldn't be Judi and Dre. I laughed at the way she began to glow when I mentioned Larry.

ASS! ASS! ASS! ASS! ASS! Big Sean’s voice began ringing out. "Hey that's my song!" Tweet broke out dancing. I laughed as I took out my still ringing phone and answered it.

"Hello?"

"What's up baby?"

I moaned on the inside at the sound of Shia's sexy voice. "Hey Shia."

"We still good?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I smiled through the phone.

"Alright," He paused, “I’ll see you in an hour or two, wear something sexy."

"Uh huh," I said hanging up the phone.

"Girl I gotta go," I turned around to look at Tweet. I reached into my clutch and I grabbed out a big one-hundred dollar bill and handed it to her.

"Thanks boo," she smiled and hugged me. I turned around and headed out the door.

I arrived at home fifteen minutes later. The house was empty. I wondered where everyone was. The store should've been closed by now, so Tink couldn't be at work. I knew that B was on his way to ATL to spend the night with his new girl. I had no idea where Trevor was and for the first time in a while, I honestly didn't care.

I walked into my bed room and ran my bubble bath. I got out thirty minutes later and got dressed. Tonight I rocked a shimmering gold dress with diamond and fur Louboutin heels. They were duplicated of the ones that Christina Aguilera had in Burlesque. I only wore them on special occasions. Although everything I bought for the store was priced pretty well, these cost me a good bit of change. I opened the door on the closet again and examined my self in the mirror. The gold in my dress seemed to make my perfect curves shine. I looked tall in my seven inch heels. My highlights matched my sparkling dress. I was even sexier than I was the other night. I checked my teeth and began pacing all around the room until I heard my doorbell ring. I braced myself and headed to the front of the house. I prayed that this time when I opened the door that it was who I wanted to see.