Chapter 20

Annie and I are currently at IHOP waiting for our food to come.

"So, can we talk now?"

"Of course." She says.

"I really like you, Annie. I know you don’t feel safe with me b-"

"Sorry for interrupting, but you’re wrong. I do feel safe with you. I don’t feel safe walking around on my own because of all the hate I received because of it."

"You feel safe with me?" I question, blushing.

"Of course."

I grin at her and she chuckles at me.

"And the only thing that’s stopping… us, from happening is the hate?" I ask her warily.

"Yeah." She replies shyly.

"Well what if we keep it a secret? Just us will know." I ask her, hoping her answer is yes.

"Would I be able to tell Diane and Bree?"

"Of course, I’m not sure I could keep it from the boys."

"Yes."

"Yes?"

"I’m up for it if you are."

"Really?!"

She nods, smiling at me. I grin back at her. I realize that this isn’t a good way to ask someone to be your girlfriend, so I think of something new.

Our food is now here and I have my plan.

"Hey babe?" I say, looking at her lovingly. She looks at me, silently telling me to continue

"I want to take you out again tonight."

"I’d like that." She looks up at me cutely.

____________________________________

*Annie’s POV*

Diane and Bree are currently helping me get ready for my date with Brad tonight.

"I think you should wear this!" Bree exclaims, pointing to a bodycon dress that barely covers me.

"No! That would show…. EVERYTHING!"

"It’s not like he hasn’t seen it before." She mumbles. I roll my eyes and continue looking.

"How about this?" Diane questions.

She had picked out a light pink peplum top and white skinny jeans. Vans of course, if I wore heels when I was out with Brad I would probably be taller than him.

"I like it." Bree agrees.

"So do I."

I go into the bathroom to change into the outfit. Once I finished, I walked out only to be attacked with makeup and hair product by Bree and Diane.

"Makeup then hair?" Bree asks.

"Yup! The curling iron has to heat up anyway."

Bree starts on my makeup while Diane turns on some music. I start to sing along, ignoring Bree who is yelling at me for moving.

Diane decides to start on my hair while Bree is doing my makeup. I feel kind of awkward, not being able to move.

The song ‘Alive’ by One Direction comes on and we all automatically look at each other and smile, belting out the words.

____________________________________

The girls and I are making conversation, waiting for the time to come.