Chapter 17

I have been avoiding Brad for the past two days. I know, it seems a bit dramatic, but I promise you I know what I am doing. You never know what she is going to do to hurt you. It’s crazy to think that Summer In The City ends tomorrow, it seems like I just got here yesterday. The past two days have been hectic, two meet and greets a day with a performance in between. I have also joined O2L (A/N lets pretend they were there) on the stage a couple of times which was amazing. I have become really good friends with JC and Sam.

I have seen Taylor with Brad and the other boys everywhere I go. It’s like she is purposely following me and forcing them to join her.

I am really excited for tonight. Some people are leaving, so a huge party is being thrown. Bree, Diane, and I are tagging along with the O2L boys as well as Jenn McAllister, Andrea Russet, Rebecca Black, and Andrew Lowe. Tonight I am going to try and forget everything that’s happened. It is all going to be erased from my memory. Don’t think I’m going to drink a lot, because I am underage and don’t want to endorse underage drinking. Don’t drink if you’re under the legal age in your country, okay?

Anyway, I’m just planning on having fun.

"WHAT ARE YOU WEARING TONIGHT?" Bree yells at Diane and I from her room.

"JUST COME HERE AND LOOK AT IT." Diane yells back.

I laugh at her reply, and take out my outfit for tonight to show Bree.

My dress is tight, midnight blue, and long-sleeved. The dress ends at mid-thigh, I made sure it covered everything. I’m wearing black pumps to complete the outfit.

Diane is wearing a light pink dress. It has a strapless sweetheart neckline and is tight until it reaches her hips, then it is flows to her mid-thigh. She has a nice white charm bracelet on and white pumps as well.

Bree is going to wear a bright red dress, strapless, pretty tight, and ends just above the knee. She is wearing a black jeweled necklace and black pumps to match.

(A/N I will put the outfits in a separate post.)

____________________________________

"HURRY UP ANNIE!" Sam yells from outside the bathroom.

"I’M ALMOST FINISHED!" I yell back at him.

I open the bathroom door and Sam stops pacing and stares at me.

"Do I look okay?" I ask him, getting very self conscious.

"You look… gorgeous."

I blush and mumble a thank you before walking in front of him and into the hallway where all the rest of the group was waiting.

"FINALLY!" Ricky yells.

We all laugh and file into to different elevators because there were too many of us to fit in one. As the elevator doors were closing I can see Tristan walking out of their hotel room. My stomach turns at the thought of bumping into Brad.

Sam breaks me out of my thoughts my placing his hand on my lower waist gently. Oh. I hope this is a friendly gesture, I told them all I don’t want to be in any relationship at the moment after I explained the Brad situation. I turned my head towards Sam. His cheeks were flushed and he was biting his lip nervously, staring at me. Andrea notices my discomfort and immediately says something to help.

"Sam. Come here." She says to him.

He looks at her with a ‘really, now?’ Kind of fave, but obliges, taking his hand of my waist and stepping towards Andrea.

"What do you need?" He asks her, quite annoyed.

"Um… Do you think my nails are pink or purple?" She asks him, showing him her dark purple nails.

"Purple." He snaps and starts to walk back towards me.

The elevator dings, indicating that we have reached the lobby. We walk out and join the rest of the group. I walk a bit faster to get ahead of Sam and up to Diane. It may be mean, but I don’t like him as anything more than a friend. At all. Sure, he is cute, but he is like a little brother.

We hop in a big van and head to the party. Can you take a guess who is sitting next to me? You guessed wrong. It’s Ricky. Ha. Yeah. Bree and Diane told Ricky and Trevor to sit next to me rather than Sam. Oh well.

We arrive at the party, music blasting and lights flashing. We all step out of the van and head into the party, instantly hit with the stench of alcohol. We all head separate ways, I stay with Bree, Diane, Jenn, and Ricky, while the others go off to wherever they wish to go.

I see Sam looking around confused, then smiles at me, walking my way.

Oh. Good. Lord.

"Hey Annie!" Hey exclaims enthusiastically to me as he reaches my little group.

"Hey!" I reply with, simply one word.

"You really look good." He tells me again, making me want to roll my eyes at his cliché guy lines.

"Thanks. You look nice too." I reply slightly monotonically.

"ANNIE! COME DANCE!" Jenn yells for me, saving me from an incredibly awkward conversation.

I smile politely at Sam before pretty much bolting to Jenn and the girls. I dance away, smiling at laughing until he decides to walk in.

Who’s following behind him?

Her.