Chapter 9

"HONEY WE’RE HOMEEE!"

I walk out of my room to the door, laughing.

"How did the meet and greet go?"

"Well, my face hurts." Bree states.

"I’m just tired." Diane tells me, laying down on the couch.

"Well I have somewhere to go tomorrow." I hint at them.

They both look at me confused. I laugh at their expressions before explaining.

"Brad is taking me out tomorrow at six."

"OH MY GOSH! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WEAR?"

"I don’t know, its at least twenty six hours away, why find an outfit now?"

They sigh and walk into their rooms to take naps. I grab my laptop and go on Twitter, the usual. Some tweeted caught my eye, what were people being so rude?

(A/N - this isn’t her real twitter!)

'@anniex EW! Why would Brad want to go out with YOU?'

'@anniex you need to stay away from MY Brad. He is MINE!'

'@anniex I don't know what he sees in you. He is probably getting paid to talk to u.'

What? I have hardly gotten hate! Ever! This is ridiculous! My whole timeline is full of hate directed towards ME! I don’t get it… I understand that they want Brad to be ‘theirs’, but why take it out on me? I hate to say it, but I don’t want to go out with Brad if this is going to happen every time I’m seen with him.

Refreshing my timeline, I see a tweet.

'@TheVampsBrad: Extremely excited for tomorrow! @anniex'

I sigh, of course, he is just making it worse. I log out of twitter and shut my computer off. I really need to talk to someone. I walk into my room and see that Diane is still awake.

"Diane, I need to talk to you."

"What’s up?"

"I don’t know if I want to go out with Brad tomorrow…"

"WHY NOT?!"

"Well I was on Twitter, I was getting so much hate for what Brad did on stage for me. And then he tweeted about me and it all got so much worse. I don’t want to be with him if this is what it is going to be like."

"I understand, but I don’t think you should not go out with him. Just because other people think you aren’t right for him, doesn’t mean you really aren’t."

"But I’m not sure I can deal with all the hate again."

"You didn’t..?" She asks me shocked.

"No no no! Never again, remember?"

"Well.. maybe it isn’t such a good idea. You really like him though."

"I’m just not sure if I can take it."

She nods. Maybe it is better off this way?

"I’m gonna go talk to him."

I grab my phone and walk into the main room. I click on Brad’s number and call him.

"Hey Annie!" Brad exclaims.

Maybe I shouldn’t do this… 

No. I have to. I need to protect myself, worry about myself.

"Can you meet me outside my room please? It won’t take long."

"Sure.. you okay babe?"

"I’m fine just… yeah."

"I’ll be right there."

I hung up and paced around the room practicing how I’m going to say this. There is a knock at the door, telling me it’s time to talk. I opened the door to see a worried looking Brad.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi."

This is going to be awkward. I stepped outside, not closing the door all the way.

"What’d you want to talk about?"

"Well, I don’t think we should go out tomorrow." I tell him, his face falling as the words leave my mouth.

"What? Why? Did I do-"

"You didn’t do anything Brad. I just.. can’t handle all this at the moment."

"Annie j-"

"Sorry." I say walking back into the room and shutting the door. That had to be the hardest thing I have done in what seems like forever.

I walk back into my bedroom and let my body fall back onto the bed.