Chapter 4

As soon as Brad walked out of the door I grabbed my bag of food and started digging in. I really hadn’t realized how hungry I am.

"WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?" Diane screams in my ear, making me nearly fall off of the couch.

"What are you talking about?"

"YOU AND BRAD?"

"He is coming over at 8 to watch movies. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, you’re going to have to stay in Bree’s room. Please?" I half beg.

"AW. OF COURSE I’M GOING TO HER ROOM! I SHIP YOU TWO."

"No. Don’t get started on shipping."

"I SHIP BRANNIE. B R A N N I E."

"You’re an idiot Diane."

"Shutttt uppp!"

I laugh and continue eating my food. I can feel someone’s breath on my cheek… what?

"Brannie." Diane whispers and runs to our room, slamming the door.

She is a very strange child.

*7:30pm*

Okay. Thirty minutes. I can do this. I can stay calm. Don’t freak out on him. We are just watching movies, nothing big right? I am wearing leggings, an oversized Arctic Monkeys shirt, and my hair was down, slightly curled. I start to tidy my room a bit, it wasn’t really dirty but I needed to waste time. I make sure my bed is neat and go in the bathroom to fix myself up.

Five minutes.

I look in the mirror, fluffing my hair a little before walking out. I hear a slow knock on the door. Stay calm, Annie. Stay calm. I walk past Bree’s room, informing the two girls that Brad was here. They squealed a bit and shoved me toward the door. I opened it and there stood Brad, in grey sweatpants and a fitted black shirt. Good Lord. He is very attractive.

"Hey." Brad says, blushing.

"Hi." I reply shyly, also blushing.

I let him in the house and brought him to my room. He jumped down on the bed laughing, patting the spot next to him. I smiled and played down next to him.

"What movie would you like to watch?" I ask him, trying not to stare.

"Where are all the movies?" I pointed over to the giant stack of movies in the corner of the room.

"Wow." Brad said. I giggled and watched him walk over to the movies. Apparently he found one right away and put it in the TV, running back to the bed and laid down next to me.

"What’d you put in?" I ask, turning my body to face him.

"You’ll have to find out." He replied, his face less than an inch away from mine. His eyes are boring into mine and I can’t bring myself to look away. Eerie music starts playing from the TV, making us jump apart in shock. I look at the screen and see that Brad had chosen ‘Insidious’. Really?

"Noooooo. I don’t want to watch this!" I whined at him.

"I guess you don’t have a choice, besides, I’m here to protects you." He added with a cheeky wink. I blushed as he scooted closer to me, wrapping his arm around me.

The movie just started and I was already pooping myself. Brad kept laughing at me because I wouldn’t stop hiding my face in his neck every time something that shouldn’t be scary comes up. About an hour into the movie he notices how scared I am.

"Aw babe come here!" Brad exclaims, pulling me completely on top of him.

I didn’t even try to move, he was too comfortable. He gently pushed my head onto his chest and turned off the movie with the remote. He started playing with my hair, twisting and twirling it around with his fingers.

I roll off of him, sitting up criss cross applesauce, him doing the same. For a while we just look at each other, laughing every couple seconds.

"How about we watch another movie that isn’t as scary as the last one?" Brad asks me smiling.

I stand up and pick out Mean Girls. Everyone loves it. For the rest of the night we talk and cuddle, eventually falling asleep holding each other.

A/N - That escalated quite quickly.