Chapter 13

*Annie’s P.O.V*

"Hey Annie!"

"Hi?"

"OH! It’s Ally!"

"Oh hey Ally!"

"The girls and I were wondering if you wanted to hang out today?"

"I’d love to! Can I bring Bree and Diane?"

"Of course!"

"I have to be at a signing at three… so maybe we can meet up at noon? Starbucks?"

"Perfect. See you then!"

That was odd. I thought Brad told the boys and they told their girlfriends..? Maybe not.

"DIANE! BREE!"

"What’s up?" Bree asks holding her ear. Yeah. They were right next to me.

"Starbucks at noon with Ally, Hannah, and Rose."

"Alright. Might as well start getting ready." I looked at my phone. ‘11:27’.

"I will too." Bree and I agreed.

-skip to Starbucks-

All us girls were sitting in a both conversing without a problem, until Hannah mentioned something.

"So what’s with you and Brad?"

"Oh um…" I mumble playing with the sleeve of my sweater.

"I’m not trying to be rude. We read the twitlonger, you can tell us."

"I just.. didn’t want it to come back."

"What?"

"The thoughts. Temptations."

They all nod, understanding what I’m saying.

"Is it that you don’t like him enough to get all that hate?"

"Well.. the costs outweighed the benefits."

"How so?"

"If I am seen with Brad and a fan comes up and asks him for a picture and tells everyone I was with him, I get more hate. I would get hate in person as well as through the internet. I like Brad. I really do. But I need to think of myself rather than others."

"I understand completely. Maybe you guys can hang out at the hotel? Not in public?" Rose asks.

"It doesn’t even have to be a date." Ally says to me.

"I don’t know. Maybe."

The girls nodded before going back to their previous conversations.

*Brad’s P.O.V.*

Hannah just texted me.

'She said that she would think about hanging out with you in the hotel. She does like you though, a lot.'

A lot. She likes me. A lot. So why does she not want to take the risk?

"Because dummy, who would want hate to get so bad they resort to self harming? Would you really take that risk for a girl? Don’t be selfish." James tells me seriously.

"I said that out loud?"

"Yes. Now call her and ask her if she wants to have a giant sleepover. All of us, including Diane and Bree."

"But we can just text one of the gi-"

"Now."

Alright.

*conversation*

"Hi!" I hear her angelic voice say into the phone.

"Hey, it’s Brad."

"Oh.. hi." She says, not as cheerfully.

"Would you like to stay over at our room tonight? The rest of the girls will be here?"

"I don’t know…"

"Bree and Diane can come!"

"Umm.. sure?" She replies in a unsure, questioning tone.

"Great. Can you come after your signing?"

"Yeah."

"So I’ll see you then babe."

"Bye." She says awkwardly.

It wasn’t too awkward until I called her babe. That wasn’t smart. It’s alright. She sounded so unsure and surprised. Obviously she wasn’t expecting me to call her and ask her to sleep over.

"She said yes?" James asks me.

"Yeah. She did." I say smiling.

"Remember, friends."

I sigh. Friends. The friend zone. I can’t act to couple-y or lovey with her because James thinks I shouldn’t move ‘too fast’.

I just hope things work out. Jeez. I’m sounding more and more like a girl.