38. The Next Morning [G.G.]

The Next Morning{Grant x Reader}

The Next Morning
{Grant x Reader}

I shoved a mouthful of pancakes into my mouth, finding myself insanely hungry this morning. I knew, Grant, my boyfriend of two months, and best friend of two years, was sitting next to me doing the same. Our other best friend, Jenna, was sitting across from us, watching with a look of disgust.

"You look like you two haven't eaten in a week," she said, watching with a scrunched up face. "Didn't you guys go on a dinner date last night?"

"Um, yeah," I said, swallowing, "Yeah." I blinked, and put down my fork in an attempt to slow down.

"Gosh," Grant groaned through a mouth full of food, obviously not paying attention to the conversation. "My legs are so sore. Man, are you sore, babe?"

Jenna's eyes widened, and she looked back and forth between the two of us.

"Actually, yeah," I smiled knowingly with a soft laugh. I looked over at Grant, who smiled back, simultaneously shoving another forkful of food in his mouth. I pecked his cheek, looking back at Jenna, who was staring. "Close your mouth,
Jenn. You're going to catch flies."

"Grant! Y/N!" She whispered, shock evident in her voice. "What the heck! Could you two get any more gross?"

"Gross?" Grant asked, narrowing his eyes at Jenna. "Oh." He looked at me with an awkward smile. My eyes widened now, realization hitting me, too. Jenna thought we meant... that.

Grant and I burst out laughing, and shared a moment of blushing before turning back to the eyes of our friend.

"We might've skipped dinner," I sighed, raising my eyebrows at her. If she was going to act ignorant and assume, then I would play along.

"I get it," Jenna frowned, shaking her head and holding up a hand. "You two-"

"Ditched our fancy dinner reservations to go to that trampoline place that all of those kids go to," Grant finished with a cute laugh.

Jenna blinked at us, and then furrowed her eyebrows. "You... what?"

Grant and I started laughing hysterically, silverware clanging to the table. Jenna looked at us like we were the craziest people she knew, but I knew that Grant didn't care - like me.

"You two are so weird," Jenna sighed, "Which strangely makes you perfect together."

"Thanks," Grant beamed back, blushing. "I don't know what I'd do without this weirdo." He nudged me gently, meeting my eyes. I smiled back up at him, knowing I was definitely the luckiest girl in the world in this moment and in any moment I spent with him.

"Okay, stop before you two get too mushy," Jenna piped up.

"Too late," I smirked, pressing my mouth on Grant's for a second. "Oh man, you taste like blueberry syrup." Grant let out an adorable laugh in response.

I turned back to my pancakes, taking a bite, as Grant and Jenna watched with amused smiles.

"Isn't she so cute?" Grant asked Jenna, like I wasn't even there. I laughed loudly, and quite unattractively, my mouth filled with pancakes and sugary strawberries.

"Oh, yes," Jenna rolled her eyes. "I don't know how you landed this one, Grant."

I saw Grant shrug out of the corner of my eye, "Honestly, I agree. She's definitely way too good for me." I chuckled again, swallowing my food. My cheeks heated up, turning a shade of pink at Grant's stupid, sweet words.

"I'm happy for you guys," Jenna admitted honestly, smiling at us. "Even as disgusting as you are."

I leaned my head on Grant's shoulder, taking in the sweet smell of him. "I'm happy for us, too." I felt Grant's lips press the top of my hair for a second.

Then, he was rather harshly shoving me off of him. I turned to him, my eyes narrowed.

"What?" He asked innocently. "You were in the way of me eating."

I sighed, not caring. Grant was perfect - just so unbelievably perfect. And he was mine. My perfect boyfriend. My-fancy-dinner-skipping-to-go-to-an-indoor-trampoline-park-boyfriend. And I couldn't be any happier.

• • • • •
author's note | that gif has nothing to do w it but it's cute so i added it. this is just some cute fluff i wrote up a long time ago, but haven't posted. so i hope you enjoy.

ps i'm watching the season one supergirl/flash crossover and it's soOOOooOoO freAKING ADORABLE BARRY AND KARA AND WINN ARE ADORABLE. i think i'm going to write an imagine featuring supergirl... bc y/n & kara should be best friends.

also don't forget to check out my new social media grant gustin fanfic, Internet Friends! thanks guys!