Recoveries And Plans

Mimmi's POV
I couldn't help but cry of happiness when I saw that Kayla had woken up. I examined the expression of Hayden's face, he looked surprised.

But after recovering from his brief shock, he embraced her in his arms and held her their for a very long time. Then they shared a passionate kiss.

I signalled to the others that we should leave the two to have their time alone, and I smiled, realising that my sister was alive.

After a few minutes of silence, I'm guessing that Kayla and Hayden were just 'hugging', Hayden walked up to us, looking rather angry.

"So, how am I supposed to believe that you guys are Mermaids and you're a Merman. How is that even possible? Merfolk are just myths." He said.

I looked at him with a sad look. There was no easy way to tell him the entire story.

"Well, you see, Narissa gave birth to Zac, Kayla and I. We were part of a pod. But then our mother got banished from the pod because she's a different type of mermaid. A Black Tailed Mermaid to be exact. They behold certain qualities that normal pod mermaids don't. And one of those qualities include, reviving the dead." I said as calmly as I could.

He looked at me as if I was insane, which to him, I probably was. But then he looked to Kayla, looking even more furious.

"You're one too?!" He exclaimed.

Kayla flinched when Hayden raised his voice and Zac stepped forward, as if ready to protect Kayla.

Kayla nodded shyly, not looking into his eyes.

"I can't believe this. I trusted you. I thought we told each other everything." He told her.

"Hayden, I was going to tell you. But it's more than just my secret to tell. I had to think of the others. Would you rather that I lied to you, and told you that I was the only one, just so that you could react like this again?" She said, backing away from, obviously scared of what he might do.

Hayden looked at her in shock.

"I don't know you anymore." He whispered, just loud enough that everybody could hear him.

"I don't know any of you anymore." He said, turning to look at the rest of us.

I kept my head down, trying not to attract to much attention to myself.

And with that, Hayden left, I had no idea where he was going, but there was no way he was going to turn back.

I saw Kayla let out a single tear and to my amazement, she was silent. She didn't make a single sound. She didn't say a single word.

I walked towards her and I tried to comfort her.

"It's okay. He'll come around, someday." I told her. I stroked her back, trying to make her feel a little better.

She turned her head and smiled at me. I smiled back and embraced her in a big hug. She eventually hugged back, but then soon pulled away.

"Right. Well. I think we should go." I heard Zac say.

I nodded my head and made my way to join him at his side.

"No!" Kayla exclaimed. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face her.

"I'm not leaving without Hayden and Lilianna." She said to us.

I felt bad for forgetting about Lilianna, it's just with everything that just happened, it slipped my mind.

"How could we possibly find her? If Erik wants to keep something from us, he'll find a way to keep it from us." Sirena told the group.

I nodded in agreement, although I wanted to help Kayla find my niece.