Love and Protect

Mimmi's POV
I trust Kayla. She's my sister, I have to trust her. But maybe she went too far, trusting Lily. She's Stacy's sister and Stacy is working with Erik. Who knows what else could happen.

I just think that we should really be careful and aware of who we share our secret with. In their defence, it was me that exposed myself.

But what Kayla did, is really going to have to be monitored. She can't go around, erasing people's memories and doing all the tricks that Black Tailed Mermaids can do. It could be dangerous, and maybe even irreversible.

She's been very careful so far, but I would just hate to watch everything slip and become out of hand.

"So, we're all good? Stacy doesn't remember anything and we can trust Lily?" I asked Zac, pulling him away from Kayla, Stacy and Lily.

"I guess so. Kayla looks like she has everything under control." He said, crossing his arms over his chest. He had a sudden but brief look of guilt.

"What was that for?" I asked him.

"Hmm?" He asked, as if he had no idea what I was talking about.

I tilted my head to the side, indicating that I knew he was lying. He sighed and rolled his eyes slightly.

"Okay. Kayla and I may have gotten into a fight while she was still at the hospital." He told me.

I was shocked, but at the same time, not very surprised. I was just shocked that he would admit this to me. He usually keeps everything to himself, and Kayla even more so.

"Again? You guys really need to start to learn to get along like brother and sister. You two are always like the opposites and I'm always the one in the middle, trying to fix things from either end. I'm sick of it. You two need to sort it out. By yourselves." I told him, giving him a lecture that I have repeated over a million times.

"I guess you're right. But she's so stubborn. She kept going on and on about how we should've just left her to die. And how we shouldn't help her and that she's better off on her own and stuff. It just annoys me and makes me upset." He said to me, looking quite upset.

"Well, she's not alone. She never will be. She's not use to the fact that there are people out there that care aboit her and love her. She's never had a real family before. Up until a few months ago, she never knew that she had a family to begin with. And she's been trough a lot. More than I could ever imagine. And now she has to look after a premature baby. She doesn't exactly have it easy, Zac." I said.

He sighed, once again and closed his eyes. As if, considering everything I had just said and analyzing it.

He understands everything that Kayla has been through. He knows of everything she's had to deal with and live with. But still, I don't think he will ever truly understand the amount of pressure Kayla has been put under with every experience she's had. I know that I never will.

But I respect that she's had hard times, and I'm prepared to be here to make all of the new times, easier and happier for everybody.

"So, what's our first mission, merfolk?" Lily asked, getting up and wiping her clothes off.

I rolled my eyes at what she had just called us, and turned around to face her.

I began taking a few steps nearer to her, so that I didn't have to tell out our plan.

"First of all, we are going to find out what Erik has to do in all of this and then we're going to stop him." I told her.

Hayden's POV
I have absolutely no idea about where I could find Kayla so I gave up looking and went to the Cafe.