Final Decisions

Recap

"It's her." Zac said, unimpressed and quite angrily.

"Who's her?" I asked.

"I'm Narissa, your mother." She said. What? I gasped, it can't be her, she's dead.

End Of Recap

Mimmi's POV

I stared at the woman standing in front of me. Then I felt a slight push from behind. We broke our long stare as I turned to look behind me.

"We really need to go." Zac said to me.

I was glad he interrupted our very awkward moment. I turned around and continued to help get Kayla out of the hospital. I stood by the door and looked into it.

There were many people with different colored scrubs on. I'm assuming that they were the ones that were going to dissect Kayla.

I took a deep breath and I pulled myself together. I looked at my hands and I raised them up. I curled my fingers into my palms only slightly and I thought only of the task in front of me.

With everything I had in me, I cast the spell to temporarily freeze everybody in the operating room. As soon as the spell had taken action, everybody ran into the room and grabbed Kayla.

After everybody helped lift her up and carry her out. They closed the door behind them as I cast a spell on the frozen surgeons to make them forget their memory of Kayla and the procedure. I was very proud of what I had accomplished.

We quickly made ourselves invisible and everybody ran out of the hospital.
We got to Rita's house and then we all sat down. Kayla had not yet awoken, so I decided to find out about the strange lady.

"So you say you're our mother?" I asked.

"I know it seems sudden and a little weird, but-" She started.

"You're not her! If you are, then why did you come back 17 years later?! Why did you abandon us?" Zac interrupted. 

"Zac!" I said.

"It's okay, Mimmi. I understand his confusion. I would be pretty mad if my mother did this to me." She said.

I heard Zac let out a massive sigh, signalling that he was really annoyed. I chose to ignore him and continue to listen to what this lady had to say.

"Did you see that Zac? She knows my name. How else would she know who I am?" I asked, trying to prove my point.

"Because she knows that she had 3 children. She knew me, since I was the only boy and you, because she already talked to Kayla. Gosh, you can be really dumb sometimes." He said, as he sighed even more than before. 

"Well. I, for one, would like to hear what she has to say." I said. Zac rolled his eyes and I gestured for Narissa to continue talking. 

"I was kicked put of the pod when you 3 were 3 months old. I was told that Zac was not permitted to stay in the pod past his first birthday. So I went travelling with Zac. It took 9 months to find a good enough home for him. I decided that on-land was the best option I had. So I learnt how to get legs and I cast a spell on Zac to make sure he wouldn't grow a tail when in contact with water. I found a very nice couple who couldn't have children. They promised me with their lives that they wouldn't let anything bad happen to you. I left you with them and came to every one of your birthdays. I was never allowed to see Kayla or Mimmi, since I had been exiled from the pod. I did try though. I'm very sorry that I couldn't watch you guys grow up. I really am. I wish I never got kicked out and I could've raised you as my own. Please forgive me." She said. I was taking everything in. I just stared at her when I heard Kayla wake up.

"Where am I?" She asked as she lifted her body in a sitting position.

"We're at Rita's, with our," I paused, what do I call her? "With our mother." I said hesitantly.

"Mother?" She asked. She looked around and met everybody's eyes, but never looked at Narissa.

"So its true then." She said. I was confused.

"What's true?" I asked her.

"That she is our mother?" Well she just asked what everyone had been thinking.

"Well in case you see another way that you are a black tailed mermaid then yes." What?

"You're a black tailed mermaid too?" Kayla asked our mom. At this point of time, I am very confused.

"Well of course, why else do you think I got banished from the pod." She said with such certainty. Well I guess that explains a few things.

"Well even if you're both black tailed mermaids, that doesn't make you our mother." Zac spat at her. She looked down and shook her head lightly.

"I guess that nobody really wants me here, so I'll just return to the sea. I hope to see you guys soon." She was about to give us all hugs, but thought twice before doing so. That's when Kayla spoke up.

"No wait! You can't leave! You have to teacvh me about black magic, you have to be there when I get my ring. You have to be my mother." She said. Everybody turned to her. She stepped closer to Narissa.

"You owe me that much." She said quietly. I looked from Kayla to Narissa and back again.

"I guess I do." She sighed and looked at Kayla with teary eyes.

"Okay, I'll stay." She said with excitement.

Kayla jumped to hug her, while Zac stood up and stormed off. I just stood there deciding what to do.

I have a feeling that us three triplets would've been like this if we grew up together. Kayla, being the one to open her arms, Zac to walk away, and me, to be stuck in the middle.

"Aren't you coming?" Zac asked. Now I was in a sticky situation. I have to choose between my sister and mom or Zac.

"Mimmi, come with me. We could have so much fun getting to know each other."

I had to admit, that sounded amazing. To have a mom, that was all I've ever wished for. But she abandoned us. She left us behind. And she had no intention of coming back.

So I made my decision. And without looking at Kayla or Narissa, I got up and left with Zac. I saw him smile when I briefly raised my head.

"I'm glad you came. She means nothing to us now." He said. I nodded, hesitantly.

"I hope you're right." I said with a sigh.

Heyy!!! Sorry for taking so long to update. And because of that , I'll try and do another 2 chapters!! Woo woo!

Ilysm

Rossys_girl_4eva
Xxo