Accepting Hayden

Hayden's POV

"Kayla! Kayla!" I yelled as I pushed past Stacy and ran to Kayla. I don't know how I did it. I just knew she was going to fall. I heard somebody running, behind me and I saw four girls and two guys rush towards Kayla.

"What happened to her? Why did she faint?" The brunette boy asked. I looked at him, still holding Kayla in my arms.

"I don't know, I just saw her look really pale, she looked like she was going to be sick, so I ran over to her and she just, fainted." I said to him.

By now, there was quite a large group of people crowdingf around us. It was getting annoying and hard to think with all the chatting and looks.

"We need to take her to a hospital." The blonde girl said.

I nodded and ran with Kayla in my arms. The scariest part, was that she was really light for a girl of her age. Maybe she has been starving herself- no. NO! Maybe she just keeps fit.

I slowed down to walk into the hospital with the two boys and the four girls behind me.

I found a nurse and explained to her what happened. She told me to put Kayla in one of the beds, so I did. I made sure that she wasn't going to fall out of it.

"Please take a seat, while we do an examination of her." The nurse told me. So I sat in the nearest seat. The boys and girls did the same. It was quiet for a while, when the blonde boy spoke.

"So who are you exactly?" He asked me.

"My name is Hayden. Who are you guys?" I asked. I looked at all of them and then they took turns answering their names a and relation to Kayla.

"I'm Cam. But you already knew that." Cam said.

"I'm Sirena, her friend." The blonde girl with straight hair said.

"I'm Ondina, also her friend." The girl with dirty blonde, curly hair replied.

"I'm Mimmi, her sister." The brunette girl answered. Whoa, Kayla has a sister? I've never seen them together, like, at all.

"And who are you?" I asked the remaining boy.

"I'm Zac. Her brother. Now tell me how you know her." He said. Crap! She has a brother too. But they look the same age.

"Oh right. You're her brother. You know, I didn't even know she had siblings. But anyway, that's the thing, I don't really know her. I just met her like 2 days ago." I said, try to make a good impression.

"Well, then why did you run and catch her when she fainted?" Zac asked.

"Isn't that what anyone should do?" I asked. He seemed somewhat impressed with my answer.

"I guess so. Good answer. Now, you told me you met her. Did you meet, meet her, or have you just seen her around school?" He asked.

"I met, met her. We talked and introduced ourselves to one another. She seems really nice." I said. I looked at the girls, who were paying close attention to what was going on.

"Yea and she is really nice, and if you take advantage of that in any way, you're gonna see my not so nice side." He said. I have to admit, I was getting a little scared.

Zac's POV

I looked over to Mimmi who looked like she wanted to tell me something. Then just as I finished thinking that thought, she got up and dragged me to the other side of the room.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked.

"I'm trying to find out about this Hayden guy, so I know whether he'll hurt Kayla or not!" I said.

"Well he caught her when she fainted, so I think that he's fine." Mimmi said. I looked at her. She had a good point. I nodded and looked down.

"But that's not what this is really about, is it?" She asked. I looked at her, confused and she continued talking.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I think that you know what I mean. I mean that you're being protective over Kayla, it's almost like, you don't want to share her with him. Can't you see that he obviously likes her?" She asked me.

Now that I looked at him and the way he looked at Kayla, I could see it. I sighed and looked at Mimmi again.

"So what if I am being protective over Kayla, she's my sister and I need to protect her." I said.

"No you don't. But you want to." She said with a smile. I returned the gesture.

"I just don't want her to get hurt, again." I admitted.

"I know you don't. I don't either. But if Hayden likes her, I think you should give it a chance and see what happens. Maybe she likes him back. You never know. This could be her shot at a normal life." She said. Wow, this chic is full of wisdom today.

"You do realize, its going to be tough for her to hide the fact that she's a mermaid from him. She'll eventually tell him. Then that's one more person that we have to trust." I said with a frown.

"Think of it in a more positive way, I don't think he could possibly be any worse than Erik." She said. That hit me with realisation.

"Mimmi! She's pregnant remember?! How can she have a normal teenage life with Hayden if she's a mermaid and pregnant!" I whispered/yelled. She looked over at Hayden. She sighed.

"Well that's another thing that she will have to try and work out. Don't worry, everything will work itself out. We'll be there to help her on the way." Mimmi said. I hugged her and she hugged back.

"Alright let's do this." I said, as we turned towards Hayden and sat down beside him again.

"You guys alright?" Hayden asked us. He seemed sincere so I didn't worry about it.

"Yes, we're good. Thanks." I replied.

Just as I finished saying that, the nurse came back with Kayla and Hayden stood up to meet her. Kayla put an ardm over Hayden's shoulder for balance. I swear if he hurts her, he won't be alive to see Christmas.

Hi!!! I'm sorry it took a while. But I got it. I have a lot of holidays so I will be updating a lot more often hopefully. Well I'll be writing a lot of chapters. Buht not necessarily publishing them! Anyway Merry Christmas!!!

Love you marshmallows

Rossys_girl_4eva
Xxo