We Went Looking

Hayden's POV
With every word spilling out of his mouth, my anger grew and grew. To a point where I almost couldn't keep it in.

He's gone too far this time. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get Kayla and Lilianna back safely.

Once Erik fled, I turned to face the rest of the group. There was a mash of different expressions, as I examined their faces.

"Well, what the hell are we supposed to do now?! Erik's still winning! He has the two things that mean the most to me and now he's threatening to kill them." I ranted, not looking at anybody in particular.

"Look, all we need is a plan. Erik always has a flaw to these sorts of plans. Our job is to find it and exploit it." Zac said, really fulfilling the leadership role he's been appointed.

"How long will that take? Because, the way I see it, we are running on a timer. Lilianna can't breathe on her own forever. She's going to need to be in hospital within the next couple of hours." I explained.

"We need to find Ondina and Sirena. They can help us." Mimmi said.

I was confused.

"How are they going to help us? What could they possibly use against Erik?" I asked, as I watched Mimmi, Zac and Evie exchange looks.

They looked as if they knew something. Something that I didn't. And that unsettled me.

"You'd be surprised." Is all that Evie said.

These people left me in the dark on several occasions, I have just begun to learn to accept that without questions.

"But that means that we are going to have to trust you with something. Something that will change your life. Are you prepared for that, Hayden?" Zac asked me, looking at me, dead in the eye.

"It can't be that serious, I mean with everything that's happened to Kayla, what more is there?" I asked, almost stupidly.

They obviously had something big, because they all looked at me like I had no clue.

"Don't say, we didn't warn you. Come on, lets go find Sirena and Ondina." Mimmi said.

They began walking into the jungle and I blankly followed behind, unaware of what was going on.

*A few minutes later*

We got to this small opening, where there was an abundance of rocks and water.

We leapt over the massive rocks, trying to find an 'entrance' as the others called it.

They haven't filled me in on a lot, as they were all too busy making a plan or something like that.

I walked along with them, when I decided to break away and jump on another rock. I walked a couple of steps and then, to my surprise, I fell into a hole.

I yelled out some sounds that could hardly be called words and finally got the bottom of the tunnel that I had fallen through.

"Guys!" I yelled, as I stood up and wiped myself off.

A few seconds later, I could see Mimmi, Zac and Evie following behind me.

One by one, they all fell through the same hole and landed in the same spot as I did.

It was a relief to know that it wasn't just me that was capable to fall through a massive hole.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"You'll see. Follow us." Mimmi told me.

I did as she said and followed her up a couple of steps. We turned the corner and a big, beautiful pool of water greeted me.