Who Was It?

When the school day had finished, i walked back to the embarrassment of a shack that i call home.

After I walked out on Rita and the other mermaids, Rita kicked me out of ever returning to her house. It was just perfect.

Everything is killing me or torturing me lately. Anyway, I was walking home when I saw Ondina and Erik walking along the beach, holding hands.

As usual, they would walk right past me and Erik would give me an evil look. I hate that guys guts. I have no idea why though. He just gives off the energy that he's up to something bad. I'm still working on what it is though. It was when I was almost inside my house did I hear Evie's voice walking past.

"Yea. I don't know what to do. She just seems to always be sad and she never smiles anymore. What should I do?" She asked somebody. I check through the crack of my place to see that she was on the phone with someone.

"I know that she's depressed and quite possibly suicidal, but what am I meant to do about it? There's nothing that I can say or do that will make her talk or laugh. She's already dead. We need to let her go." She said. Well that gives me hope.

"OK. I'll see what I can do." Then she hung up the phone. SHe started walking in my direction and I sat down on my bed and lay down. I started to fall asleep when there was a soft knock on my door. I was sure that it was Evie.

"Come in." I said.

"Hey Kayla." She said.

"Hi." I said, sitting up.

"What are you doing later on today?" She asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I was wondering if you would want to go with a swim with everyone." She said, warmly.

"I don't know. I would hate to ruin their night." I said.

"Believe me, it would make their night to see you out of your burrow." She said.

"No. I'm sure they would hate to see me there. Especially Zac. He would be mad to see me there." I said.

"You know, he didn't mean that right?" She asked.

"Then why hasn't he come to me and said anything? Why has he left me here, dying in my own guilt? Why would he never come and explain? Why? Because he doesn't care. Because he means everything he said!" I ssia, raising my voice a little.

"He's scared. He's scared that he'll damage you even more than he already has. It's hard for him right now." She said.

"It's hard for me too. He's not the only one that just found out their whole life is a lie! He's not the only one that's hurting! He's not the only one that feels so alone." I said.

"Well neither are you. We can help you." She said.

"No you can't. Nobody can. I'm forever this way and I will never changed." I said.

"Please just be at the Ocean Cafe at 5.30. Ok?" She asked.

I didn't do anything and she took that as her cue to leave. So she did. Without saying anything more. And once again, I'm left to rot in thi shack alone.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone really cares. Then I wipe that speck of hope and confirm. Of course they don't. Who the hell would? I mean look at me?

I looked at the time and saw that it was 5.02 now. I decided that i wouldn't go with the others. I don't want them seeing my scars anyway. So I just went to bed without any food, throughout the whole day. Again.

Zac's POV

Evie had a plan to get  Kayla out of her shack and into the water with us. She would meet us at the Ocean Cafe at 5.30. So I waited there. 5.30 had been and gone and she still wasn't here. It had been hours.