That Day

Josh's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I heard my alarm go off. I jumped with a start and smacked the alarm off. I rubbed my eyes and stretched.

I was ready to start the day.

6:15am.

My clock read. I sighed as I got up and had a shower. It was a quick one, as I was about to go for my daily run. I put a shirt on and walked out of the bathroom.

I looked into Hayden's room to check on home. And as usual, he was stil sleeping. I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head.

I grabbed some money, my phone and my earplugs. I walked outside and felt the cool morning breeze kiss my face as I started to jog.

About 30 minutes into my jog, I decided to have a break and grab some food from the Ocean Cafe. I took my earplugs out and turned my music off.

I stumbled into the Cafe, as my legs started to ache. I took some deep breaths to keep my breathing under control and took a seat at one of the booths.

A waitress came and took my order. Evie, I think her name was.

"Hi there and welcome to The Ocean Cafe. What can I get you?" She said with a big smile. She's a very cheery for somebody at 6:45 in the morning.

"A hamburger and extra fries please." I said as cheery as I could manage.

"You look worn out. How about I chuck a juice in with that. On the house." She said, writing my order down.

My face lit up. There's only one thing I love more than food. And that's free food. Well, technically it's a drink, but oh well, its still free.

"Thank you so much..." I started, waiting for her name.

"Evie. And you're welcome..." She said, waiting for mine.

"Josh." I replied with a smile. She nodded her head and did the same.

"You're welcome Josh." She told me as she walked off. Well, she seems nice. She's always hanging around with Zac though, they are probably going out. Well, I hope we can be friends, she seems like a cool person.

As I was waiting for my order, I noticed somebody walk into the Cafe. As this was quite a popular place, I decided that it was probably just another customer.

Boy, I was wrong.

I looked up as I heard her voice.

Kayla.

I watched her order some food as she took a seat on the opposite side of the room from me. She seemed normal. But I knew that she wasn't.

That day that I found her, shredding her wrists with a blade was definitely not normal. That still scares me now. How could anybody hate themselves and they way they look so much, that they would hurt themselves like that? I certainly don't understand it.

I decided to take a chance and go talk to her. I debated talking to her for a little while now. Simply because I didn't know what to say. Well, here goes nothing.

"Hey." I said. She looked up at me and her expression was heartbreaking. She looked at me, like I knew something dangerous. Like I should keep away from her.

"Hi." She said quietly, as she sunk back down into her chair.

"Look, I just wanted to see how you were doing. You know, after that day." I said. She didn't look up as she spoke.

"Yea. Yea. I'm fine. Um. How are you?" She asked with uncertainty.

"I'm a little shook up, if I'm being completely honest. You're not happy. I could see that. You wanted to hurt yourself and you did. I just can't understand why." I said.

I thought I may have gone too far. Because the next thing I saw, was her looking up at me. But her eyes were filled with tears. A few dripped down her pale cheeks as she wiped them away.

"I'm sorry." She said, looking back down again. I was confused.

"Sorry for what? What should you be sorry for?" I asked. I didn't want to scare her away, but I didn't want her to just leave me hanging either.

She hesitated for a while. As if she was debating with herself whether she thought it was a good idea to tell me or not. After what seemed like forever, she looked up. But she didn't look at me.

"I'm sorry for letting you in. I'm sorry that it was you that found me that day. I'm sorry that you feel like you don't understand why I hurt myself. I'm sorry that you feel you have to check up on me. But most of all..." She paused.

"I'm sorry that I'm even alive." She said as she got up and left the Cafe.

Just then, Evie walked back in with a glass of water and looked around, confused.

"What? Where did Kayla go?" She asked nobody in particular. But as I was the only one there, I answered.

"I wish I knew." I said, quietly and under my breath slightly.

"Do you know her? Like are you guys friends?" Evie asked me.

"Well, I just met her a couple of days ago. Why do you know her?" I asked, inquisitively.

"Yes. She's my friend and she's also my boyfriend's sister. But everything's sort of changed. She's not the same as she used to be." She said, putting the glass of water down on the table.

"What do you mean by that? What's changed? Why isn't she the same as she used to be." I asked her. She stopped to think for a while before replying.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. It's not for me to tell. I'll go get your order now." She said as she hurried away, not waiting for my reply.

I sat back down in my spot and waited for my food. I was thinking about telling Hayden all about what happened today and that day. But then I thought about how Kayla would feel if I did.

I decided to keep quiet. At least, just until I knew what was really going on. I don't know why, but I feel the need to help Kayla with whatever she's going through. It's not right that she's going through all of this alone.

Whatever it may be that she's going through. I can only hope she will accept my help.

I know who to talk to, to help me with that.

Zac.

Hey everyone!! I honestly don't know what I just wrote. I promise that the next chapter will include more drama and there will be more use of magic and there will be more scenes where more than two people are talking. Sorry for the scrappy chapter. I felt like I had to update. I owe that much to you!

I love you all marshmallows.
Rossys_girl_4eva
Xxo