Oh. My. Gosh.

Kayla's POV

I swam towards my secret place, Zac following behind. When I got there, he wasn't behind me. In fact, he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

I couldn't see him. I swam back and I popped my head above the water. He wasn't back at the beach either.

Where has he gone? Surely, he would've told me where he would be, right? I got out, dried myself off and started to search for him.

I decided to check the Cafe, since he's almost always there. Sure enough, as soon as I walked into the Cafe, Evie, Ondina, Mimmi, Zac and sirena were all staring at me. What have I done this time? They always seem to be mad at me for some reason.

"Why are you all looking at me, like that?" I asked. Nobody replied. Zac grabbed my arm. Oh no. I knew exactly what this was about. He saw. Why was I so stupid? I totally forgot! I know what you're thinking, how does a girl with cuts all over her body, forget that they're there? Well, actually it's really easy.

"Did she tell you what happened?" Evie asked. Who was 'she'? What did 'she' tell Zac? All of these questions are flying around in my head. What is going on?

"Who's she?" I asked.

"No she didn't. I haven't actually asked her yet." Zac replied.

"Well, we need to do something about this, because that's not goo." Mimmi said.

"Well how are we going to get her to talk?" Sirena asked.

"We'll think of a way." Zac said.

"GUYS!" I yelled, annoyed that nobody was paying attention to me.

They all turned their heads in my direction and I seemed to have their full attention, now.

"Could someone please tell me what is going on!?" I said. Once again, they all looked down. Obviously dodging my question.

They all looked to one another, as if debating on who was going to tell me something.

"Would someone please tell me what is going on." I yelled.

"Are you alright?" Zac asked me. Then he put his hand on my shoulder, reassuringly.

"Zac mentioned to us that he saw you swimming." Sirena said.

"He said that he saw some things on your body. Marks." Mimmi finished.

"Is there something that's going on with you, that we need to know about?" Evie asked. In realisation I snapped.

"Why would you care?" I said.

"Why wouldn't we?" Sirena asked.

"Well, first of all, you guys didn't seem to care when Zac told me that he wouldn't care if I died and second of all, becuase look at me. I'm a mistake. Even mom said that about me. I was never meant to happen. I was never meant to be here. And now that I am, I hate myself. I can see why mom, or should I say, Narissa, left me to die. Just leave me alone." I said, walking out of the cafe.

Somebody grabbed my arm and I winced. I turned around and I felt Mimmi lift up my sleeve, exposing all of the cuts. She gasped in horror as she traced all the scrs and scabs with her finger.

"Why?" She whispered.

"Why not? You guys don't seem to care about anything I do. there's no way out of this miserable life except pain." I said. I yanked my arm back from Mimmi's grip and stormed out.

Mimmi's POV

I can't believe that just happened. She's deliberately hurting herself, to get away from life?