15: Fair Play

15:Fair Play

SAM'S POV

From: Thomas *kiss emoji*

Look, I don't know what happened yesterday. I don't know if it was my fault or Kiefer's but please talk to me.

From: Thomas *kiss emoji*

Just please talk to me. Give me a minute. 30 seconds will suffice. I'm worried sick about you and I just might do something stupid if you won't talk to me. Please?

Those were the last two texts that I got from Thomas. That one last text made me worry. The last time that he sent me a text a like that was when we had a big fight few months before we break up and he really did something stupid that night.

I had to hold myself back from answering his calls because I don't know what to tell him. Besides, would that change anything? Kief was right about not fighting for someone who wouldn't fight for you and stop waiting for someone who didn't know that you're waiting for him.

Sam: Ugh, Bruno Mars was right. I would take a bullet straight to my brain but you wouldn't do the same.

To my surprise, someone suddenly opened the door. 

JC: Glad you're awake!

Sam: Anything that I can do for you, master?

JC: Leave this room and fix up your mess. You've been torturing yourself too much. You've been torturing Tom too much.

Sam: Hep hep! I know that I've been torturing myself but how am I torturing Tho?

JC: Jeron was right. You're deaf. By the way, can you tell me what happened yesterday? Tom was just happily singing when you walked away and wept. What was that all about?

He sat down on the edge of my bed. I sat on my bed and leaned against the headboard.

Sam: I was with Kief, Jeron and Thomas yesterday when out of nowhere Tho asked Jeron to go with him somewhere else.

JC: Yeah, Jeron told me that Tom forgot the basic rules of basketball. He 'assisted' an opponent.

Sam: Kief begged for another chance but I told him  that at the end of each it's still Thomas that I want. I don't want to be unfair to anyone especially to myself.

He is nodding as he listens intently to everything that I am saying.

Sam: But he was persistent. He continued begging and begging and he told me one thing. We're no longer 'exclusively dating.'

JC: Eh kailan ba kayo naging ganoon?

Sam: Hindi ba talaga halata?

JC: Not a bit.

I heaved a deep sigh.

JC: Okay so how did Tom get into the picture?

Sam: Kief also told me that maybe that 'assist' is Tho's way of giving us his blessing.

His eyebrows furrowed together.

JC: No way! Thomas didn't do that! Aha! Now everything's clear to me! Kief assumed that Tom gave you his blessing. I MUST TELL THEM!

He's smiling while patting my head.

JC: Everything will be alright, little sister. I don't like seeing you like that. I’m on Team Sam and it’s my duty as your brother to ensure your happiness.  I assure you that everything will soon be okay. I got this!

He stood up and ran away. Okay, that was a little weird.

A few minutes after my uncanny brother left me, I decided to check on Tho. I just know that I have to.