22: Brothers

22: Brothers
SAM'S POV

It's another lazy Saturday morning. I really didn't notice that it's almost a week since the longest Sunday of my life. Longest. Last Sunday was like a roller coaster with a lot of ups and downs, and I am just glad that it was over.

I sat up on my bed, said a prayer, and tied my hair on a messy bun, like the usual.

I turned to my bedside table and as usual there's a rose. So, here's the story behind the rose. JC has been placing a long-stemmed rose on my bedside table since Monday. I think that he thinks that the rose can make me smile which is undeniably true.

I picked the rose up and checked the card attached to it.

"You meet thousands of people, and none of them really mean anything to you. And then you meet one person, and your life is changed forever."

You made me want to become a better person. You made me change my life. I owe you bigtime, beautiful.

Res Ipsa Loquitur

The cards attached to the rose always include a quote then a short message, and the latin phrase res ipsa loquitur. It's the sweetest thing in the world, but I also have an idea to whom this came from. JC kept on denying that the morning roses came from him, but who else will make an effort like this for me aside from him?

I went of out my room with my rose on hand. Yes, the rose makes me feel beautiful. I saw JC eating his cereal meal by the couch while watching a movie on HBO. I sat beside him and hugged him through his waist before I kissed his cheek. He smiled at me and placed his arm around my shoulders. Aren't we the sweetest twins you've ever met?

JC: Looks like you've woken up on the good side of the bed, little sister.

I raised my hand to show him that the rose made the magic.

Sam: You're the sweetest.

He just smiled at me.

JC: How many times do I have to tell you that those roses never came from me, stubborn little sister?

Sam: Who else will go through this kind of hassle aside from you?

JC: Someone who thinks that you're worth the hassle. Someone who truly loves you.

I kissed his cheek before I pulled myself out of the couch.

Sam: You're the only person who I know truly loves me aside from mom and dad, big brother.

I proceeded to the kitchen to get myself a bowl of a cereals.

JC: Well, you're wrong. I know two people, aside from me, mom and dad, who truly loves you.

He shouted from the living room. I tiptoed to get the box of cereal from
the cabinet and poured the contents of the box into my bowl.

Sam: Well, that's the funniest joke I've heard. Unless, you're pertaining to Nica and Jeron.

I opened the fridge to get the milk carton and I got surprised with what I saw. Our milk carton has a post-it note on it that says, "to infinity and beyond."

Sam: Jake, what's with the note on the milk carton?

JC: I told the guy who brought the rose that we're out of milk, so he bought the milk for us. True love.

Sam: I don't need your unsolicited side comments. Shut up.

JC laughed. He can be really weird at times. I placed the carton back to the fridge. To infinity and beyond. Buzz. Thomas is a big fan of the Toy Story, could it be? No, impossible. I walked back to the living room, confused as ever. I sat on the couch beside my brother and started eating my breakfast.