2B: The Meeting

Thomas’ POV

As soon as Sam left, I playfully elbowed JC.

Thomas: Well, thanks for giving me a heads up about Sam.

I shook my head in disgust and that made JC laugh.

JC: I was about to but she butted in before I finished my sentence.

He sounded sarcastic. Golly, Sam does those sarcastic remarks a lot. They are no doubt twins.

Thomas: Why is she even here?

JC: Bro, seriously, why are you so affected with Sam? Akala ko ba, you’re done with her?

I was caught off-guard with JC’s questions. I didn’t expect that coming.

Thomas: I am. Tumaba nga siya ngayon eh. Less attractive, bro. What happened to your hot sister?

JC raised his eyebrow. That was a low blow, I know.

JC: Hey! Watch your words, Torres! That’s my sister you’re talking about!

Thomas: I’m just telling the truth.

Am I? Thomas, she left you. She never trusted you. Get over her!

JC: Thomas Torres, I know you so well. You are not over my sister.

Thomas: I am over her.

I looked at JC. He seems unconvinced. I better go.

Thomas: Bro, I’ll just see you tomorrow.

He nodded. I know that he knows that something is wrong.

I live two floors below JC’s unit so I took the elevator going down. I don’t know why but I feel hurt. Why am I upset?

As I go out of the elevator, I got my card and swiped. I saw Kuya Axel watching something on BTV. I sat beside him.

Axel: What miracle brought you home early?

Thomas: No miracles Kuya. She’s back.

He looked at me but I can’t read anything from his expression. He doesn’t seem surprised by what I said.

Axel: I know she’d be back. So, how was it?

I looked down as I placed my hands on my head.

Thomas: I’m done with her. I am way past that break-up.  I know that I am. It’s just that seeing her brought back all the pain. She was my ‘the one that got away.’ I am willing to do everything for her. Kuya, sabihin niya nga lang na tumalon ako sa tulay gagawin ko pero isang bagay lang ang hiningi ko sa kanya. Gusto ko lang na magtiwala siya sa isang desisyon ko but she never did.

I feel like crying. Again. Yes, straight guys cry.

Kuya patted my back.

Thomas: Kuya, you have no idea how painful it is for me. Kuya, isang desisyon lang. Isang pagkakamali ko lang. Kuya, masama bang ilayo siya sa mga tao? Masama ba ang ginawa ko? Oo, siguro mali na hindi ko naipakita sa iba na siya ang girlfriend ko. Bakit ba kailangan pang malaman ng buong mundo? Bakit pa? Iyon lang naman ang naging mali ko ah.

I stood up then kicked the bean bag infront of me.

Axel: Thomas, tama na yan. It’s her decision. Why don’t you just clean up the mess you made and start again? Rebound, bro. Rebound.

Thomas: I don’t know. I’m not a rebounder.

Axel: In some games, you have to adjust yourself. Bro, first quarter pa lang, Suko na agad? You may not be a rebounder but you’re never a quitter as well.

Thomas: But, Ravena is starting to move again.

Axel: Then play shootout with him. Use your advantage.

I raised my eyebrow.

Axel: Yes. Sam loves you and that is your biggest edge against Kiefer.

Thomas: She used to but I missed my play.

Axel: Hindi pa ba enough yung timeout? Papaabutin mo pa ba ng halftime bago aayusin ulit ang sarili mo? Thomas, hindi lahat ng laro umaabot sa overtime.

 I smiled at him. I don’t know. I’m still scared.

Axel: If I were you, make up your mind right now. At this point, tie lang kayo ng kung sino man.

Thomas: But I am tired of playing. What if she is not worth it?

Kuya smiled at me.

Axel: Well, it’s all up to you. No one can answer you aside from you.

He stood up.

Axel: Nakina Martin lang ako if you need me.

I nodded.

I got my phone and opened my Twitter app.

@samtorregoza: Pain changes people.

Her tweet got a lot of RTs and favorites. I quoted her tweet. Sam, ang labo mo. Ikaw ang nang-iwan tapos parang mas nasaktan ka pa. I had no idea why you left me. Why do we need to let the whole world know? Am I not enough?

Then I saw a tweet that really caught my attention.

@kieferravena: Let me take that pain away. Can I pick you up tomorrow for lunch? @samtorregoza

His tweet got a lot of RTs and favorites as well. Some fans are even tweeting how sweet Kief is and most of them are convincing Sam to say yes to Kief para namang magpapigil yang si Ravena. Tss. Show-off. Is this what you want Sam?

@samtorregoza:  After all the tweets that I got, how can I say no to that? Thank your supporters and see you tomorrow, Mamba! @kieferravena

I threw my phone and who knows where that thing landed. I stood up and kicked the bean bag again. I looked for my phone then decided to tweet.

@iamthomastorres: I have a million of reasons to move on but I will keep on looking for one to stay.

I logged out then I decided to rest early.

If you’re looking for a shootout Ravena then shootout is what you get.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry for the late upload but I hope you'll like this chapter. I'm working on the next chapter so I'll post it as soon as I get it done.

I want to hear your thoughts! Vote, comment and follow.  :) 

Have a blessed day! :)