6: Comparisons

5: Comparisons

Sam's POV

It's Saturday and I don't have classes. Less than 4 weeks before the opening of the UAAP season so I was asked to report to ABS-CBN Sports' office for the orientation about the schedule of games.

JC told me to take the LRT then the cab to go to ABS-CBN because traffic is just unbearable due to some weekend road reblockings.

It's already 3 pm when the meeting was adjourned. I approached Kuya Boom Gonzales to say bye. Kuya Boom is very close to the Tengs. JC and I consider ourselves as adopted children of Tito Alvin and Tita Susan. Since everyone in our immediate family is already out of the country, the Tengs serve as our guardians.

Sam: Kuya Boom, I'm going.

Boom: Let me walk you outside.

We started walking towards the lobby.

Boom: You want me to drop you by the LRT station? Cabs are becoming unsafe nowadays.

Sam: No need Kuya. Stop treating me like a baby. I'm all grown-up!

I said then I grinned which made him laugh.

Boom: You're still little Sam. JC and Jeron asked me to look after you 'cause according to them you have no sense of direction.

The nerve of my brother to say that but my best friend. Huhu. My Jeron, oh Jeron.

Sam: Hahaha. You shouldn't believe those guys.

We continued chatting for a while when...

*Marimba*

Kief *blue heart emoji*

Sam: Wait lang Kuya ah. Si Kiefer.

He grinned.

Sam: Hey Phenom, miss me?

Kief: What's taking you long?

Sam: Where you at? Don't tell me that you're waiting for me at my unit? I'm sorry. Waaaait. I told you naman na wala ako dyan ah? Are you that old to forget that?!?

Kief: Low blow! Iwan kita dyan eh. The girl infront of me pa naman right now is hot.

Where in the world is this guy?!?

Sam: Where? Waaaait! Iwan, whaaaaat?!?

I looked at Kuya Boom. He was pointing to someone.

There I saw Kiefer Ravena, holding a bouquet of pink Tulips, walking towards us.

Sam: You are the meanest ever.

I heard him laugh from the other line. I ended his call.

Boom: Now everything's clear to me. Kaya pala ayaw magpahatid. Haha.

Sam: No, I didn't know that he's here.

In a second or less, nasa tabi ko na si Kiefer. Bilis ah.

Kief: Boom! What's up?

Boom: I'm doing good, Kief. You're picking my little Sam up?

Kief: Who's Sam? Is she hot?

I glared at Kief then I poked his rib that made him jerk. Kuya Boom laughed at us.

Boom: Too cheesy. I'll leave you too. I have to go back to the conference hall. You're safe now Sam, right?

Kief nodded. I shook my head. Kuya Boom laughed.