24: The Royal Squire

SAM'S POV

Today's the 27th of July and it's a Saturday. Since the UAAP season has started, I have learned to block my schedule for the weekend. DLSU has no game today, but Ahia Jeric has been bugging me the whole day to watch the Ateneo - UST game today.

Jeric: Kim asked me to invite you!

Sam: Yeah right. I was just talking to him yesterday. He should have asked me personally.

Jeric: Eh, natotorpe nga.

Sam: He also told me that he's dating someone.

I said as I continued eating the pancakes Ahia bought for me. Ahia snapped his fingers as he tried to think of any other ways to get me watch the game with him.

Jeric: Eh, wait lang. Bakit ba ayaw mo manood ng game? You're avoiding someone?

He said with a very big grin on his face. Ugh, not again. I rolled my eyes on him and continued eating, pretending like I didn't hear a thing from him.

Jeric: Let me guess! Is this an Eagle?

I looked at him in disbelief. This guy is hopeless. The look on my face made him flash an annoying smile. Literally, annoying.

Sam: I am not avoiding him. I just don't know what to tell him.

Jeric: Eh di inamin mo din. C'mon, I'm going with you. You don't have to talk to him if you don't like. I just wanna see my former teammates play.

Sam: Don't you have other friends to watch the game with you? I can call Kuya Fort for you.

Jeric: Fort's out of town. Please?

The look on Ahia's face is just... ugh! How can I say no to this poor little thing.

Jeric: You haven't forgiven him?

Sam: Forgiven and forgotten.

Jeric: Eh ayon naman pala eh. Please?

Sam: Okay fine. Wait for me.

Jeric: Yes, Ma'am. Dinner's on me, promise!

I stood up and walked towards my room. I got my phone from its holder before I sat on my bed.

To: Thomas *kiss emoji*

Hey! I'll be watching UST's game with Ahia later. :)

I sent the message and waited for a few seconds for his reply.

I have a lot of reasons why I texted Thomas. First, I'm kinda hoping that he'll come with us. Second, he's been busy lately with stuff so we barely spend time together. He's spending most of his free time with Kuya Axel, so he instead asked me to update him about my whereabouts. After what happened to Kuya Axel and Jeron, I kind of understand why Tho has to spend more time with his kuya.

I expected a reply from him, but what I got was a call. I was torn. I wanted him to call because I wanted to hear his voice. On the other hand, I don't want him to call because... No, I have no reason why I don't want him to call.

I just hope that he's not aware of the schedule of games today. I excitedly tapped on the answer button on my screen.

Thomas: Hi!

The sound of his voice is enough to make the butterflies in my tummy flutter.

Sam: Hi! Got my text?

Thomas: Yes. Mants, will you listen to me if I ask you not to go?

His question surprised me, as in. I didn't expect him to ask me that.