17: Sam's Turn

17: Sam's Turn

THOMAS'S POV

Kief: KNOW YOUR BOUNDARIES, THOMAS TORRES!

Thomas: What boundaries are you talking about? The one set by Tito Clyde and Tita Sophia? Well, I know those very well.

Kief: C'mon! You are no longer her boyfriend! Stop flirting with what's mine!

Thomas: So are you. Baka nakakalimutan mo. Ligaw nga hindi ka payagan eh.

Kief: That's what you think.

I heard him chuckle from the other line.

Thomas: Why do you always have to interrupt our thomoments? Are your kiefedges flopping?

Kief: I hate you, Torres!

Thomas: The feeling's mutual, Ravena!

Kiefer infuriates me right now. I'm just returning the favor. If he's just near me, I'll gladly give him a black eye.

Kief: Well, let's lay out the boundaries. Let's make a deal!

Thomas: If this deal will shut you up then let's do this.

I started to feel uneasy. Ravena loves Sam, no doubt about that. I just don't like him for her because I know that I love Sam more that he loves her.

Kief: Have you seen the schedule of the games?

Thomas: Not until Sunday, right?

Kief: Yes but there are rumors about a La Salle - Ateneo showdown on the opening weekend.

Thomas: I'm listening.

Kief: Then let's have a shootout. Whoever has the higher score wins.

Thomas: Does this mean that we have to beat Ateneo to get rid of you?

Kief: Not really. You have to outscore me to get rid of me. No one aside from you and me should know about this deal. And, I know that you're man enough not to ask help from JC, Jeron, Axel or anyone from the team. No worries, I'll do the same.

Thomas: Only kids ask for help. I can take you down by myself.

Kief: We'll see. If I win, then you'll stay away from Sam and thomoments will be thomemories.

Thomas: What do I get if I win?

Kief: What do you want? Name it. It's completely up to you.

Thomas: Okay, that's cool.

Kief: Great! Sorry but I'll be giving you a good fight, Thomas. I love Sam and I will do everything for her.

Thomas: Just stay away from her.

Kief: Yeah, about that. I'll appreciate if you'll stay away from her for the meantime. Start to detach yourself from her.

Thomas: You're kidding, right?

Kief: No. I never joke about Sam.

Thomas: Just wait until I beat you and we'll see who needs to back off!

Then I ended the call and heaved a sigh. Outscoring Kiefer is no easy task. He has earned the Blue Mamba title for a reason.

I placed my hands on my hips. He's one of the best collegiate players in the country. Can I really outscore him?

What if he beats me? I have to stay away from Sam and die every time that they're together.

A thousand scenarios have been playing on my mind when someone wrapped me in her arms. I feel her cheeks pressed against my back. The warmth her body radiates melts the doubts in me.